cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Rampage V 10 Is not posting 00 Post message

ReaperOneSIx
Level 7
I shut down my computer last night right before I went to bed. I turn it on this morning my PC would not boot up.
I got 00 post message on my motherboard. I tried switching out the graphics card, use one graphics card. I tried one stick of ram.
I tried resetting the bios switching the bios and I still get the 00 message. I'm beginning to think my motherboard gone bad
14 REPLIES 14

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
You'll have to start troubleshooting for failed components. Can you get hold of a different PSU / different CPU...maybe local PC store can help?

Well the two gtx 1080 Tis work, the i7 5930K works, the hard drives work, the SSD works the memory work, PSU work. I just ran these hardware components on my spare Asus X99 Strix and it works just fine. Apparently my Asus Rampage V 10 Anniversary only lasted 5 months because my No Post Bug. I find it shocking that a motherboard that cost more is not as reliable as the Strix. My brother Emmanuel has a X99 Strix and his still works. This was also the second X99 Rampage V motherboard that failed on me as well.

Vlada011
Level 10
First try to reinstall CPU, and to flash different BIOS with ASUS Flashback utility, sometimes that help.

Asus-User
Level 7
ReaperOneSIx wrote:
I shut down my computer last night right before I went to bed. I turn it on this morning my PC would not boot up.
I got 00 post message on my motherboard. I tried switching out the graphics card, use one graphics card. I tried one stick of ram.
I tried resetting the bios switching the bios and I still get the 00 message. I'm beginning to think my motherboard gone bad

I had the same problem happening out of nowhere.

My solution was to disconnect the ROG panel. Shut down your computer, disconnect all cables of the ROG panel, turn off your power supply. After that keep pressing the power button of your computer for 30 seconds, turn on power supply and after that your computer. This solved my problem and it never came back.

So if you have the ROG panel connected, it is worth a try to disconnect it.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Jeeepers..that's a bit bad...is it still in warranty?

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Jeeepers..that's a bit bad...is it still in warranty?

It is but the fact this is my second failed rampage v mobo I doubt i'll try to get it replaced