cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from the UK to US

coyi1895
Level 10
This is about shifting my rig and peripherals over to the states and I have to do something about the power (UK is 240V and US is 120V I think). Can someone give me tips. I want to take all except the monitor (see my Spec) which I will get a new monitor over there.
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
Modern Active PFC power supplies automatically switch between voltages. So you shouldn't need to worry about anything.

coyi1895
Level 10
Thanks for your reply. So all I need to do is to get the US power cord for Corsair AX1200i and that's it? I saw on the back of my Asus Xonar Essence One, there is a voltage selector (230V and 115V), I reckon that would be fine. What about my Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers, would I need to get a transformer for that?

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi coyi1895,

Your Corsair AX1200i will be fine on US 120V power as it's adaptive with power correction etc (100v - 240v). The only thing you may need is the power cord itself to plug into US outlets, if you don't already have one. They can be found at any PC supply store in the US or purchase online.

I recommend removing your graphics card from the motherboard, in case your pc gets bumped around during shipping. You can wrap it with a bath towel or two, and place it back within the case or box it separately. Or at least try to protect anything internal from possible damage from being bumped around or even dropped, as well as protecting the same way on the outside.

I wish you safe travels, and I'd like to be one of the first to Welcome You to the US.

Ntwlf
Level 12
Your Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers spec's on Corsair's site indicates "Ultra-efficient integral power supply with 100V – 240V AC input", so it would need the same thing as your PSU, so it falls inline with what Chino stated.

coyi1895
Level 10
Thanks for your help. Very cool, so all of my equipments are pretty much straightforward to set up. I still got the original boxes so that's a good idea to remove internal components. I'm going to pack it also with bubble wrap and air bags, making it protected as possible. Thank you for your kind welcome, I'm moving to Baltimore.