cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor won't sleep

Godofmosquitoes
Level 7
Hi there. For some reason, my PC monitor won't sleep. It appears something is pinging my system the whole time. However, nothing is showing up when doing a powercfg -requests. It's just says none to all. I have also disabled my LAN's ability to wake up the system. Same with wifi etc. Nothing seems to help 😮

I've even tried software like ScreenOff, but the monitor comes online immediately after going to sleep. Indicating that there's something constantly requiring attention.

Doing a list of devices which can turn on the system via powercfg, only shows mouse and keyboard. I've unplugged them individually, and tried to run ScreenOff, but with the same result.

I'm not a member of a homegroup, and I've disabled media sharing on my system. I've also tried quitting all running applications in the tray, to no end.

However, I know that this is caused by some service, driver or application. Setting the monitor timeout to 1 min, and logging off, will see the monitor turn off after one min. But still nothing shows up when doing a powercfg -requests.

I'm running Win 10 Pro, on my RVE10 system. Anyone has any suggestions as to what might be wrong?
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
Try stuffing a few valiums in the USB slot, that will put it right to sleep for a good 10-12 hours.

How are you connected? VGA, DP, DVI or HDMI and what monitor plugged into what GPU and the rest of your PC specs.?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

enyceedanny
Level 10
Are you using the Supremefx hi-fi DAC? If so, the driver currently has a bug where it won't let your display/computer auto sleep.
You can confirm by killing your process (supremefx hifi dac service) or SvAuxSrv.exe.

enyceedanny wrote:
Are you using the Supremefx hi-fi DAC? If so, the driver currently has a bug where it won't let your display/computer auto sleep.
You can confirm by killing your process (supremefx hifi dac service) or SvAuxSrv.exe.

You, my friend, is a genius. That did the trick! 🙂 Thank you so much! 🙂 I love this forum. There's always someone who knows that little tweak or thingie which makes things work ^^