cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobo woes - heatsinks

Batman2021
Level 7
So I have a second hand Asus Rampage V 10th Edition. The previous owner had a custom look which I didn't want so I've removed the waterblock. This leaves me with two areas on the board that are exposed without their original components.

So I think its the PCH and VRM that are in need of new covers / fans.

Could anyone point me in the direction of what I need to buy pls?
5 REPLIES 5

BigJohnny
Level 13
Batman2021 wrote:
So I have a second hand Asus Rampage V 10th Edition. The previous owner had a custom look which I didn't want so I've removed the waterblock. This leaves me with two areas on the board that are exposed without their original components.

So I think its the PCH and VRM that are in need of new covers / fans.

Could anyone point me in the direction of what I need to buy pls?

Unfortunately this isnt something that is commercially available. Any aftermarket heat sinks would be hit or miss. Your best bet is to see if someone on fleabay is selling an inoperative board you can salvage the parts from or consider putting the watercooling back and investing in some watercooling components. Always a good question to ask before comitting to buying something used, does it come with the original components. Example I just sold off my Strix 1080Tis. Both of them had waterblocks but one buyer wanted the original heatsink back on it and wasnt interested in watercooling so i put it back on and tested prior to shipping. Well for stuff like that I always keep the original boxes and sitting in those original boxes were the original heat sinks and everything else that came with it when bought new. Both shipped with the original heatsinks but one wanted to leave the waterblock on and the other did not.

There is one listing on fleabay thatys at $200 now.
May be able to find the first edition that I dont think much changed but the looks.

BigJohnny wrote:
Unfortunately this isnt something that is commercially available. Any aftermarket heat sinks would be hit or miss. Your best bet is to see if someone on fleabay is selling an inoperative board you can salvage the parts from or consider putting the watercooling back and investing in some watercooling components. Always a good question to ask before comitting to buying something used, does it come with the original components. Example I just sold off my Strix 1080Tis. Both of them had waterblocks but one buyer wanted the original heatsink back on it and wasnt interested in watercooling so i put it back on and tested prior to shipping. Well for stuff like that I always keep the original boxes and sitting in those original boxes were the original heat sinks and everything else that came with it when bought new. Both shipped with the original heatsinks but one wanted to leave the waterblock on and the other did not.

There is one listing on fleabay thatys at $200 now.
May be able to find the first edition that I dont think much changed but the looks.

Thanks for replying. Do you think those components can be found on Strix boards? Or does it have to be the exact same model of motherboard?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,
It's not worth risking fitting sinks found on alternative products. They'll either be inadequate or won't fit. As above, your best bet is to look for a spare or repairs or damaged style auction listing. These parts are unfortunately not readily available otherwise.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Might post an image of board as is or with water blocks on it
Sounds like a mono block

You might can find another board dead and parts only on ebay.
200.us
https://www.ebay.com/itm/194398905914?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.S...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for your helps guys!