cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB GPU post feature not displaying GPU

hbelok
Level 7
So I just built my first PC with the X99 R5E and I wanted to browse around the bios to see what it was all about and I noticed that when I went to the GPU Post tab, it was not displaying my GPU. I am using the Asus Strix 980 Ti. It says that No GPU detected, but I can still log on to Windows and I can see everything fine. I am also asking about this is because I am doing a lot of video editing with Adobe Premiere Pro and the associated Adobe programs, but the speed at which the program works when I use the various features, is very slow. Is the fact that my Bios is not displaying my GPU have anything to do with my slow video editing speed? If so, how do I fix this? Here are my specs:

MB: Rampage V Extreme
Bios: v. 2101
CPU: Intel 5820K
GPU: Asus Strix GeForce 980 Ti
Ram: 64 GB G. Skill RipJaw V 3200 Mhz
HD: Samsung NVMe 256 GB; Sandisk 1TB SSD
2 REPLIES 2

rmongiovi
Level 8
When I first built my system my EVGA 980 ti hydro copper showed up on the GPU post but after a BIOS upgrade it disappeared and never came back. It hasn't seemed to affect anything that I can tell. As long as it shows up in Windows device manager I'm not going to sweat it. I didn't pay attention to what BIOS it was when it first disappeared, but I'm certainly not going to downgrade just to get that BIOS "feature" back.

Menthol
Level 14
Yes no harm here that it isn't showing up and I believe I have seen some people post that one of the more recent bios's has it showing again, I haven't checked this in a long time, other than if the bios has the feature it should work there is no harm or degradation of performance caused by this