cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 Force disabled in BBS

DeadlYSinneR99
Level 7
Good Evening,

This is honestly my first time posting on the forums and i have had every Rampage ROG series mobo without issue.
The current and only issue that I have is that very randomly (sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row or up to 3 weeks between
issue) when I cold start my computer when I get home, I get the overclock failed splash screen. So i stopped using XMP
and it is still persistent. Once I hit F1 and go to the boot tab, my default boot device has been disabled in BBS. I then have
to clear cmos and am able to select it just fine and continue forward. I haven't really been bothered but the past 4 days it
has happened every single time. Any ideas? The only thing i change in the bios now is the post delay from 3-1 and thats it.
Will post specs below:

Motherboard: Rampage V Extreme 3.1
Processor: 5930K (not OCed)
Memory: 32g (4x8g sticks) 2400mhz (Running at 2133 until issue is resolved) F4-2400C15Q-32GRR
Graphics: Two, Sapphire Radeon 295x2 (Quadfire)
Power Supply: EVGA G2 1600w
Boot Drive: Kingston Predator PCIe x4 M.2 240g
SSD: 500gb Samsung 850 evo
HDD: 1tb WD blue
Optical: Asus x24 DVD player

All drivers are current as of now, windows is 100% patched. My current bios 1401 and haven't updated to 1501 as I do not
have 16gb memory modules. Should I update to this to see if it helps? Sorry for being all over the place but I would like to
try and hammer this down. If you need any other additional information, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Kolby
20 REPLIES 20

jdpg265
Level 7
How did you update your bios? Did you use USB Flashback? If not that could be the cause the issue. Some have reported that not using USB Flashback (see your manual (2-14) has given them strange results. Also after you updated and rebooted did windows tell you that you needed to reboot?

jdpg265 wrote:
How did you update your bios? Did you use USB Flashback? If not that could be the cause the issue. Some have reported that not using USB Flashback (see your manual (2-14) has given them strange results. Also after you updated and rebooted did windows tell you that you needed to reboot?

I just used the EZ flash tool in the bios.

Chino wrote:
Do you have AI Suite or the Intel RST software installed?

I have both of them installed.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Uninstall both. Then test your system to see if it can restart properly.

Okay, I uninstalled AI suite and ran the suite cleaner, then uninstalled IRST as well as removed registry files with ccleaner. I attempted both a shut down and a reboot with no luck. Also, when i tried to restart, as soon as i clicked it, I unplugged everything from my computer (usb, sound cable, ethernet etc) and it still hangs. It looks like the OS turns off but not the computer lol.

Lastly, for your viewing pleasure, I attached a quick picture of my services, startup programs and installed applications. I think I will try my usb flashback now while I wait on a reply. Thank you again, I feel like we are close =).

DeadlYSinneR99
Level 7
Okay, just completed USB bios flashback using bios 1801. Before I updated, I returned the bios back to default and then cleared CMOS. Flashback was successful, So when i booted back into windows, same issue whether I shut down or restart.... wish i had better luck lol.

DeadlYSinneR99
Level 7
Anyone else have any idea? I think I might image the M.2 drive to one of my other SSDs to see if it's a kingston predator issue. Kingston had FW issues with win10 which wouldn't let you install win10 in any form until they released FW for it.

Do you have fastboot on or off? Try to disable fastboot in the energie settings and see if it solves your issue.

Menthol
Level 14
I would disable all the start up items, I do remember Acronis having issues with beta Win 10 but I don't see anything in your start up items necessary to run.

From0toHero wrote:
Do you have fastboot on or off? Try to disable fastboot in the energie settings and see if it solves your issue.

I tried fastboot already to no avail.

Menthol wrote:
I would disable all the start up items, I do remember Acronis having issues with beta Win 10 but I don't see anything in your start up items necessary to run.

Okay, going to turn everything in startup off to give it a go.

DeadlYSinneR99
Level 7
Disabled all startup items, turned off samsung rapid mode with no luck...