cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 Force disabled in BBS

DeadlYSinneR99
Level 7
Good Evening,

This is honestly my first time posting on the forums and i have had every Rampage ROG series mobo without issue.
The current and only issue that I have is that very randomly (sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row or up to 3 weeks between
issue) when I cold start my computer when I get home, I get the overclock failed splash screen. So i stopped using XMP
and it is still persistent. Once I hit F1 and go to the boot tab, my default boot device has been disabled in BBS. I then have
to clear cmos and am able to select it just fine and continue forward. I haven't really been bothered but the past 4 days it
has happened every single time. Any ideas? The only thing i change in the bios now is the post delay from 3-1 and thats it.
Will post specs below:

Motherboard: Rampage V Extreme 3.1
Processor: 5930K (not OCed)
Memory: 32g (4x8g sticks) 2400mhz (Running at 2133 until issue is resolved) F4-2400C15Q-32GRR
Graphics: Two, Sapphire Radeon 295x2 (Quadfire)
Power Supply: EVGA G2 1600w
Boot Drive: Kingston Predator PCIe x4 M.2 240g
SSD: 500gb Samsung 850 evo
HDD: 1tb WD blue
Optical: Asus x24 DVD player

All drivers are current as of now, windows is 100% patched. My current bios 1401 and haven't updated to 1501 as I do not
have 16gb memory modules. Should I update to this to see if it helps? Sorry for being all over the place but I would like to
try and hammer this down. If you need any other additional information, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Kolby
20 REPLIES 20

red454
Level 11
I am running with 4 x 8g sticks of G.Skill Ram and just bumped to BIOS 1701 over the weekend with no issues.
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

red454 wrote:
I am running with 4 x 8g sticks of G.Skill Ram and just bumped to BIOS 1701 over the weekend with no issues.

Do you think its worth a go as a fix action for my current issue or was just more of food for thought lol? Thank you either way.

DeadlYSinneR99 wrote:
Do you think its worth a go as a fix action for my current issue or was just more of food for thought lol? Thank you either way.

Go ahead. There is a new BIOS available. Remember to download it onto a freshly FAT32 formatted USB pendrive and update using the EZ Flash Utility that's in the BIOS.

Chino wrote:
Go ahead. There is a new BIOS available. Remember to download it onto a freshly FAT32 formatted USB pendrive and update using the EZ Flash Utility that's in the BIOS.

I have the Rampage V extreme/U3.1 motherboard and my latest driver is 1502. I looked at the Rampage V Extreme and it has 1701.
I am currently not using the 3.1 card so are the actual motherboards the same and if so, could I use the 1701 bios? I will definitely
update to 1502 when I get off work. Thanks for the replies so far!

red454
Level 11
You will likely be encouraged to update the BIOS - however, some will say if it works, leave it alone. I usually try to go with the latest version, and having a few ROG boards over the years I can say that I have never had any problems with a BIOS update.

But my comment was more of an FYI...
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
From revision 1302 and onward, the BIOS is the same for both motherboards. 🙂

Bios updated successfully! Running 1801. I restarted about 10 times with no issue so far but something else has developed, naturally.
Everytime I click shutdown or restart in windows, windows says "restarting" and then screen goes black, then monitors go to sleep, then use devices power off,
but then, the whole rig stay on. I mean everything inside the chassis stays on. I left it for 5 minutes and nothing happened, so I just manually
restarted it with the reset button and it restarts just fine with no errors or anything. I noticed this last night but thought it was a fluke
so i dont think it is bio related. I also just recently updated to windows 1511, do you think this is the culprit?

I will keep you posted with my original issue as time goes on, just need to hammer down on the new issue (although not as frusterating as the first).
Thank you guys again!

DeadlYSinneR99 wrote:
Bios updated successfully! Running 1801. I restarted about 10 times with no issue so far but something else has developed, naturally.
Everytime I click shutdown or restart in windows, windows says "restarting" and then screen goes black, then monitors go to sleep, then use devices power off,
but then, the whole rig stay on. I mean everything inside the chassis stays on. I left it for 5 minutes and nothing happened, so I just manually
restarted it with the reset button and it restarts just fine with no errors or anything. I noticed this last night but thought it was a fluke
so i dont think it is bio related. I also just recently updated to windows 1511, do you think this is the culprit?

I will keep you posted with my original issue as time goes on, just need to hammer down on the new issue (although not as frusterating as the first).
Thank you guys again!

Do you have AI Suite or the Intel RST software installed?

Chino wrote:
Do you have AI Suite or the Intel RST software installed?

I have both of them installed.