cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for latest Chipset and Asmedia Drivers

Nightflight
Level 7
Hye,

as already mentioned in the title I am looking for the latest Intel chipset and Asmedia drivers. I am a little bit confused, because on the Asus page is version 10.1.2.8 the latest Intel chipset version. On the official site of Intel it is version 10.1.1.9.

The reason why I am asking is that since I installed Windows 10 (Clean install) my Sata data transfer rate is very slow, around 50 - 70 MB per second. When I start my Windows 7 partition the rate goes up to 160 MB per sec.

Only Office 2016 is installed on Windows 10 partition. No security software. Defender is deactivated.

Thx in advace for any help.

Nighflight
6 REPLIES 6

LiveOrDie
Level 11

Thank you for the links. And sorry for the font. Honest mistake.

I am just curious, why can I not find those drivers at the official Intel site?

Nightflight wrote:

Did the latest drivers make a difference on your system?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

red454 wrote:
Did the latest drivers make a difference on your system?

Well, now I have around 80 MB per sec. It is rather strange and I don`t know where to look for the reason for it. But it seem to be a partially common problem. I found a lot of other forum threads where users are reporting the same behaviour. And then there the ones who have full sata speed.

If you or someone else have any suggestions, I`d appreciate it.

Nightflight wrote:

These are probably not listed for download as there probably catered released drivers for a new motherboard release, some times Intel will release drivers to manufacturers for testing on new boards which would be LGA 1151, Then one of these manufacturers have released this on there driver support page, both driver version will most likely have the same drivers for our boards seeing its only a couple reversion newer.