cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lets see some x99 goodness

jholt
Level 7
Since haswell e is right around the corner, and its up for preorder on amazon I thought we might get some info on the x99 boards from asus. So I'm selfishly requesting some info on these boards asus.
46 REPLIES 46

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Actually this time we're going DFI LANParty UV yellow with turd brown PCB. Looks good!

Ahahahahaha

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Actually this time we're going DFI LANParty UV yellow with turd brown PCB. Looks good!

does it have a glow in the dark green radioactive look on it when getting hot?

Already have the DDR4 Memory and the i7-5960X, Just waiting for the ASUS X99 Line-up. :cool:

DFI LANparty was an awesome board back in the day

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:

Yeah, throw in some toilet paper to fight condensation...

Menthol
Level 14
nice hallowen
Where did you get the CPU? lol I just ordered a RAM kit myself

Menthol wrote:
nice hallowen
Where did you get the CPU? lol I just ordered a RAM kit myself

http://www.pcconnection.com/product/intel-processor-core-i7-5960k-3.0ghz-8-core-20mb-l3-cache/bx8064...

I shouldn't have, But I went ahead and paid the Full Retail price for the 5960X.

hallowen wrote:
http://www.pcconnection.com/product/intel-processor-core-i7-5960k-3.0ghz-8-core-20mb-l3-cache/bx8064...

I shouldn't have, But I went ahead and paid the Full Retail price for the 5960X.

hallowen,
Thank you sir, now all I will need is an ROG board

hallowen wrote:

Word of caution, last Friday I ordered a 8 and 6 core from here, site stated was in stock and would ship Monday, I went out of town for a business trip Monday thru Wednesday, didn't take my laptop as I wanted to travel lite. Came home and checked that it hadn't shipped, have called and talked to two different people, both said they should have shipped and would check and call me back. Of course no one called back so I called again today and asked to cancel the order. They told me OK they would cancel but it may be to late and ship anyway and I could then return for refund. I know have two memory kits and plan on getting a board tomorrow or Friday but have been stiffed without any CPU's. Menthol no like to be stiffed, Menthol never purchase from them again. I will probably purchase a 5820K tomorrow to start with until I get this resolved.

Menthol wrote:
Word of caution, last Friday I ordered a 8 and 6 core from here, site stated was in stock and would ship Monday, I went out of town for a business trip Monday thru Wednesday, didn't take my laptop as I wanted to travel lite. Came home and checked that it hadn't shipped, have called and talked to two different people, both said they should have shipped and would check and call me back. Of course no one called back so I called again today and asked to cancel the order. They told me OK they would cancel but it may be to late and ship anyway and I could then return for refund. I know have two memory kits and plan on getting a board tomorrow or Friday but have been stiffed without any CPU's. Menthol no like to be stiffed, Menthol never purchase from them again. I will probably purchase a 5820K tomorrow to start with until I get this resolved.

Sorry about that Menthol, I Just Found out this morning I had the Same problem as you did with them and fortunately was able to cancel my order for the 5960X which they said was backordered and ordered one from Newegg that were in stock for almost a few hundred $$$ less and I will be receiving it by Sept. 2!