cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues running 3000 MHz Dominator Kits on 5960x

KOGE19
Level 8
Hello All...

I am trying to figure out if something is wrong with a replacement Dominator Kit Corsair send me. This is the kit(https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01G5I6HO8). This was the replacement they send for a 3200 MHz 64 GB Vengeance I had which developed memory errors.

I bought a stand-by set of the same kit from Amazon 3 weeks ago(I will call it the Amazon kit) - this set was to be kept as stand-by if my replacement RAM from corsair had issues. The kit from Amazon works fine on my board (i,e; runs at 3000 MHz, stock voltage etc).

However, the replacement kit I got from corsair for my vengeance kit(same model etc , but a much higher serial number than the Amazon kit) refuses to boot if I just replace the modules from the Amazon kit with the replacement kit. I get QCODE 53. They do work at basic 2133 MHz. I tried using Auto SA voltage etc no luck.

Please be aware, I am NOT running them together - there is no plan for that. I tried the latest BIOS 3501 and both kits dont work with it. I am not using XMP.

BIOS 3101 works fine for the Amazon Kit.

Should I send the replacement kit back?

Thanks,
George.
5,318 Views
13 REPLIES 13

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Are you clearing CMOS when replacing kits?


Yes. done that.

I also noticed that on newer BIOS versions the Amazon kit will only run at 2800 MHz at stock settings(1.350 V eventual voltage etc).


The only issue I have is, I would have expected a 6x error code instead of a 53 error code for memory.

Thanks,
George.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Have you tried tweaking your SA voltage instead of leaving it on Auto?


Yes. I tried a couple of SA voltages . The Amazon kit runs fine at 1.028 V for SA. It will probably work at lower SA as well. The replacement kit just does not boot get beyond qcode 53.

KOGE19 wrote:
Yes. I tried a couple of SA voltages . The Amazon kit runs fine at 1.028 V for SA. It will probably work at lower SA as well. The replacement kit just does not boot get beyond qcode 53.



What board are you using?

Try a System Agent voltage of between 1.05 and 1.15v. There's not really a magic number for these things and can vary from kit to kit as well as CPU. Returning the kit for a replacement could go either way for you.

If the memory has no issues at 2133 and ratios not far beyond this, then the kit will need dialing in correctly at the appropriate speed.
Also be sure that you are running the memory in the correct slots as per the manual.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
What board are you using?

Try a System Agent voltage of between 1.05 and 1.15v. There's not really a magic number for these things and can vary from kit to kit as well as CPU. Returning the kit for a replacement could go either way for you.

If the memory has no issues at 2133 and ratios not far beyond this, then the kit will need dialing in correctly at the appropriate speed.
Also be sure that you are running the memory in the correct slots as per the manual.


I am on a Rampage V Extreme. Ok. I will try that out. To be fair , I am so impressed by the older Amazon Kit, which keeps SA at 1.028 V , DRAM Voltage at 1.350 etc.

KOGE19 wrote:
Yes. I tried a couple of SA voltages . The Amazon kit runs fine at 1.028 V for SA. It will probably work at lower SA as well. The replacement kit just does not boot get beyond qcode 53.


Change the Rampage Tweak option from Auto to Mode 1. See if that helps.

Chino wrote:
Change the Rampage Tweak option from Auto to Mode 1. See if that helps.



Yes, tried that as well on the latest and 3101 BIOS. Tries SA from 1.000 - 1.180 V no changes at all.

The replacement version of the modules are version 5.39 - these are the misbehaving ones. The Amazon kit is version 4.31 and works a treat - gives me 15-17-17-36 at stock voltages and the SA is 1.028. I am going to keep the amazon kit and possibly sell the other one - Would corsair be able to send me an older version of the kit , I guess not . In which case I can only think of offloading my replacement set

Thanks for all the help.
Cheers,
George.

KOGE19 wrote:
Yes, tried that as well on the latest and 3101 BIOS. Tries SA from 1.000 - 1.180 V no changes at all.

The replacement version of the modules are version 5.39 - these are the misbehaving ones. The Amazon kit is version 4.31 and works a treat - gives me 15-17-17-36 at stock voltages and the SA is 1.028. I am going to keep the amazon kit and possibly sell the other one - Would corsair be able to send me an older version of the kit , I guess not . In which case I can only think of offloading my replacement set

Thanks for all the help.
Cheers,
George.


Have you been using XMP? Have you tried settting up your RAM manually by inputting the primary and secondary timings?