cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect PCIE configuration

pandagasm
Level 7
I am using two 680#s in SLI, however the motherboard sees the 2nd card in a different slot to what its actually in.

2nd card is physically in the 3rd red slot from top, the second 16x according to the manual and the info in the UEFI bios. However the bios thinks the card is in the 2nd red slot which is an 8x slot not 16x.

I have tried all sorts on configurations but the bios will never recognise the 2nd 680 is in the 3rd red 16x slot.

I am using the latest BIOS 0901.

Any suggestions pls?
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15

saracg
Level 7
pandagasm wrote:
I am using two 680#s in SLI, however the motherboard sees the 2nd card in a different slot to what its actually in.

2nd card is physically in the 3rd red slot from top, the second 16x according to the manual and the info in the UEFI bios. However the bios thinks the card is in the 2nd red slot which is an 8x slot not 16x.

I have tried all sorts on configurations but the bios will never recognise the 2nd 680 is in the 3rd red 16x slot.

I am using the latest BIOS 0901.

Any suggestions pls?

happened to me as well. also on BIOS 901.

i have 980s in SLI and sound blaster Z. 980s are on both x16 ports of course. SBZ was on x4_1 at first but since i got strange sounds coming every minute i had to replace it to x8_2 and everything was fine.

out of nothing my second 980 was seen on x8_2 (where SBZ installed) with a bus speed of x8. nothing solved the problem (clr CMOS, plug off/on, BIOS defaults etc.) i had to uninstall the SBZ to solve the problem.

right now im trying x8_4 with SBZ, i hope i will have no more problems since this is the last port i can use my SBZ on.

LiveOrDie
Level 11
pandagasm are you running any sound cards or just the 2 video cards? and what brand are they to me there seems to be some compatibility issues with some cards and it could relate to the bios being used on the card back when i had my 2 GTX 680s EVGA related a new bios which was a UEFI bios and it fixed some problem some users where having with X79 boards and non UEFI bios cards this is all just a guess just going on what i have seen over the last 3 months.