cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch to the spare BIOS chipset. I press the button and there are no changes.

jvmunhoz
Level 7
I was VERY stupid and ended up bricking one of my MOBO's BIOS chipset by trying to update the BIOS version through AiSuite III. I have the ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10.

Haven't tried using the pendrive with the recovery program yet, as I've forgotten it somewhere and still haven't found it. But the next obvious solution would be to change to the spare BIOS using the "Bios_Switch" button located in the bottom-right corner of the motherboard.

I did everything right, turned off the computer, disconnected the PSU, discharged all the remaining energy before pressing the "Bios_Switch" button, but nothing seemed to change, my PC still isn't starting (there is power, the LEDs are working, but nothing happens, the BIOS screen doesn't appear). Despite what the manual says, I haven't found any LED that displays which BIOS chipset I'm currently using, so I'm not sure if it indeed did change to the spare BIOS chipset or not.

Any thoughts on how to help me?

Thanks in advance

Link to the mobo's manual: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/RAMPAGE_V_EDITION_10/E11861_RAMPAGE_V_EDITION_10_UM_V2_W...
4 REPLIES 4

Chino
Level 15
You don't need the included pendrive to use the USB BIOS Flashback procedure. It's as easy as downloading the BIOS file, renaming it and putting it on a freshly FAT32 formatted pendrive. Then continue with the steps.

Your system needs to be receiving power in order to switch to BIOS B. 🙂

Can't test it now, as I'm travelling, but will test on monday. Hope it indeed works. But should the computer be turned on to switch to BIOS B, or just the PSU be on?

Thanks in advance

jvmunhoz wrote:
Can't test it now, as I'm travelling, but will test on monday. Hope it indeed works. But should the computer be turned on to switch to BIOS B, or just the PSU be on?

Thanks in advance

Just PSU on.

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
As I remember,PSU must be connected to the wall outlet and must be ON.Some LEDs must indicate that your motherboard is receiving power.That's it.Press BIOS switch once and second chip will be selected.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk