cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Fans Can I have?

JOSHSKORN
Level 7
I may do a small upgrade. Right now, I have the Fractal Design Define XL R2. According to the manufacturer's website, it supports up to 7 fans. It came with 3 fans. I may want to try and maximize what I can.

How does this work? I'm a bit of a newbie. How many fans can the RVE support? Is there a way to add support for additional fans?
5 REPLIES 5

Magic_Smoke
Level 7
You've got 2 X 4 pin CPU fan connectors and 6 X 4 pin chassis fan connectors on the motherboard...so at least 8 without any hacks.

Magic Smoke wrote:
You've got 2 X 4 pin CPU fan connectors and 6 X 4 pin chassis fan connectors on the motherboard...so at least 8 without any hacks.

Thanks for that. I mean more specifically for my case with respect to the motherboard, as well. Considering my CPU Cooler is the NH-U14S (has 1 fan), I can have 7 fans mounted in my case, right? Would I be able to control all of them independently or how does that work?

Magic_Smoke
Level 7
Fan Expert in AI Suite 3 should identify all the 4 lead fans connected to the mobo. All eight positions show on my version of the software, last updated in December of 2016, even those with nothing connected. You can then set temp/speed curves for each.

Magic Smoke wrote:
Fan Expert in AI Suite 3 should identify all the 4 lead fans connected to the mobo. All eight positions show on my version of the software, last updated in December of 2016, even those with nothing connected. You can then set temp/speed curves for each.

Do you by chance have any pictures of the interior of your build? I'd like to see the fans in place.

Magic_Smoke
Level 7
Sorry, nothing interesting to see here, as I am only using a Corsair H80iGT AIO with dual fans. Perhaps I was not clear about the AI Suite 3 software; it shows allows me to 'see' all 8 fan headers, but I have nothing connected to 6 of them.