cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finally got new build started

mwlhrh
Level 7
so far, other than one leaky rotary that was not too bad to change out, the build has gone fine. no overclocking yet; getting an idea of
day to day stability. My logitec mouse and keyboard did need the newest usb drivers to work, but started straight out with bios 1801 and
my 64gb corsair recognized straight away (my biggest concern aside from construction snafu)

asus rve
evga 980 ti hydrocopper (x2)
corsair 64gb (16gb x 4)
philips 4065uc (x3) on hp zr30w stands with vesa mounts
mountainmods ascension case
xspc twin D5 twin bay pump/resv
samsung 950

20 REPLIES 20

crouchgod
Level 7
Thats looks very impressive, alot better than mine thats for sure :p.

What are the temps on the gpu and cpu? im curious 😄

mwlhrh
Level 7
not stressing currently, but cpu and gpu running 23-28 c

have 3 360 xspc rads and D5 pumps set at 4

Pleot
Level 8
Those 3 monitors would be a dream for me - I race a lot online car simulators - single monitor is not enough for proper visual on racing sims - but unfortnately cant afford a gig like that - no way 🙂

Pleot wrote:
Those 3 monitors would be a dream for me - I race a lot online car simulators - single monitor is not enough for proper visual on racing sims - but unfortnately cant afford a gig like that - no way 🙂

Have you thought about getting a VR headset next year. A single headset may not be as expensive as three monitors... or so I tell myself.:rolleyes:
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown

Pleot wrote:

Yeah, i bit the bullet and went 3x monitors myself. And it's fantastic on the desktop.... but run a game and all i get is microstutters, bizarre fps drops that are so severe it's like your pc froze up. Although i'm blaming 4 way sli for this, as everyone else with 3x gpu's or less has a smooth experience.

So words of wisdom from me is, if you want 3x displays make sure you run no more than 2 high end cards. Now i'm off to throw stones at children....lol
Intel i7-6950X @ Stock for now
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull)
Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 (Bios: 3101)
32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Dominator Platinums @ 3000Mhz
512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 (RAID-0)
2x EVGA Titan X Superclocks in SLI
Corsair AX1500i Titanium + Red Sleeved Cables
2x 27" Asus ROG Swift PG278Q (Surround 7680x1440 @144Hz + GSync)
Lian Li PC08 Tempered Glass Case
Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround

Mhill2029 wrote:
Yeah, i bit the bullet and went 3x monitors myself. And it's fantastic on the desktop.... but run a game and all i get is microstutters, bizarre fps drops that are so severe it's like your pc froze up. Although i'm blaming 4 way sli for this, as everyone else with 3x gpu's or less has a smooth experience.

So words of wisdom from me is, if you want 3x displays make sure you run no more than 2 high end cards. Now i'm off to throw stones at children....lol

Did you try Taking 1 or two of your cards out to test if it gets better?

Hawkstorm
Level 7
Hope things stay good for you. 🙂

Pleot
Level 8
Its an idea, but I would have to try one first, afraid it would be some kind of disappointment, I mean bad quality images or stuttering and such, or even being rather slow, maybe not maybe it will be a really great outbreaking gadget that will make a revolution on the way games are played - and what about compatibility with existing games ?

Axle_Grease
Level 7
I can't see devs building in VR support for existing games, but when I watch stuff like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Snudv1dG9Gw I feel that I'd be happy to leave existing games behind.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." -- Unknown