cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could use some help: Computer wont boot all of a sudden

Spartanjet
Level 7
My computer was working perfectly for months. Today I turn on my computer and the QLED is stuck at b0 and the 4th LED next to the PCIe switches at the top right is blinking. System will not make it to bios so there is very little feedback.

My System:
R5E10
32GB G.Skill DD4 (4x8)
Strix 1080 GTX OC
Samsung 950 Pro and a few Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Ive tried to switch BIOS, reflash Bios, unplug everything (USB internal/external, SDD's, M.2, etc), switched graphic card slots, switched graphic cards, disable all but one PCIe slot through the switches, and right now testing with only 1 DIMM in D1 and cycling through all 4 sticks. I'm about to reseat my CPU but since my system has been fine for over 6 months im doubting its a bent pin.

Anyone have some thoughts or suggestions im quite frustrated right now.
8 REPLIES 8

FuryA
Level 8
hi Spartanjet
it seems like HW problem, advice You contact US service center to help checking the board

hassan_pervaiz2
Level 7
Does ur pc come at splash screen where it says press del or f12 to enter bios. If the windows does not boot up. try plugging only the boot ssd and remove others.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

hassan_pervaiz2
Level 7
Try to reapply thermal paste

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Chino
Level 15
Spartanjet wrote:
My computer was working perfectly for months. Today I turn on my computer and the QLED is stuck at b0 and the 4th LED next to the PCIe switches at the top right is blinking. System will not make it to bios so there is very little feedback.

My System:
R5E10
32GB G.Skill DD4 (4x8)
Strix 1080 GTX OC
Samsung 950 Pro and a few Samsung 850 EVO SSD

Ive tried to switch BIOS, reflash Bios, unplug everything (USB internal/external, SDD's, M.2, etc), switched graphic card slots, switched graphic cards, disable all but one PCIe slot through the switches, and right now testing with only 1 DIMM in D1 and cycling through all 4 sticks. I'm about to reseat my CPU but since my system has been fine for over 6 months im doubting its a bent pin.

Anyone have some thoughts or suggestions im quite frustrated right now.

Look beside the 24 pin power connector. Do any of the QLEDs remain lit when your system halts at the b0 QCODE?

Chino wrote:
Look beside the 24 pin power connector. Do any of the QLEDs remain lit when your system halts at the b0 QCODE?

I just got done re-seating my CPU. Ive tested 2 DDR4 kits I have (one Corsair 16GB and G.Skill 32GB) both with the same result. I have also tested each stick as a single DIMM in the D1 slot just to be sure. I am going to try and connect my stuff to my older Rampage V non 10 edition unless you have some further insight. Thanks for the reply!

Chino
Level 15
Testing your CPU and RAM on the other motherboard should indicate which component is the culprit.

Also which power supply are you using? And how old is it?

I had trouble with booting after one of my over clock attempts and found the computer was going through a DRAM setup loop (I think the code display kept cycling between b0 and b7). *Powered the computer off by using the power supply switch and then turn the XMP switch on the motherboard back off (not at XMP) and then re-powered up and rebooted ok. *After that was able to reselect XMP later. *Maybe that would help.

Omega Centauri*

Chino wrote:
Testing your CPU and RAM on the other motherboard should indicate which component is the culprit.

Also which power supply are you using? And how old is it?

I'm using a Corsair AX1200i PS and about 1 year old I believe. I guess I have my answer my computer booted up just fine with my older R5E. Thanks for your help.