cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chassis Intrusion! Fatel error...system halted

Megalamaniac
Level 9
I just installed an EK ROG Monoblock and I get this error when booting up and I can't get into BIOS.

I haven't had this board long, but I have been testing it for a couple of weeks and everything seemed fine. Any ideas why this would be happening?

I made sure that the block was seated right so I don't think that is wrong. Tried the Safe boot button, but it still does the same thing.
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
There may be a chassis intrusion option in the bios, make sure it is disabled if there is one. Or it is probably an electrical short somewhere
Can you enter bios? if not maybe an electrical short and you will have to double check the block mounting, does it make contact with the case from behind, or the mono block LED connection
I have a very expensive case that a RV 10 edition just would not work in because the armor on the back of the board made contact somewhere, the case standoff's are just very short
Fortunately it did not damage the board

Thank You!!!!

Clearing CMOS Did it. I thought switching to BIOS2 was effectively doing the same thing since I hadn't used it yet, but got the same error.

Had to pop out the battery to get the CMOS cleared though. This board doesn't seem to have a jumper to clear it, or am I missing something?

I disabled the Intrusion detection in BIOS. Wished I would have known beforehand. I've been working on this build for over a week and when this happened my heart sank, So Thanks Again.

Menthol
Level 14
Glad to hear your up and going

Yeah me too. It was 4am when I was finally ready to fire it up. I had been working on it 12 hours from when I tore it down to install the loops.

I figure it came from the hardware that was no longer present after installing the monoblock. I get the error every time I update to a new BIOS. Since I found the Clear CMOS button on the back panel, it's no big deal, but I have to clear cmos to get into the BIOS to turn off the Intrusion detection.

It was all worth it, great temps so far.