cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootup Problem

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing some issues of late. My case is a HAF X. The top IO panel was broken so I was replacing the. Before the replacement my computer was booting up fine and everything was normal.

After I replaced the IO panel my computer is refusing to boot now. The Q-Code doesn't go past 9c. I checked the manual and that says it's stuck on the USB detect phase.
I also checked the back of the motherboard. No USB hubs are working except the LAN1_USB3_E910. Every hub above that still has voltage but is refusing to charge my phone. The LAN hub also has voltage and does charge my phone when I plug it in.

I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this...

Does anyone have an idea and can someone please help me further?
I will post more information if it's needed to help the problem...

Have a fine day,

Neo
22 REPLIES 22

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
Ah alright then, no problem, the effort is what counts 😄

Can someone else shed some light on this problem please?

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
No it is not on top of a cardboard box, it's just on a flat surface, also as previously stated, all wires except the power pins are disconnected...

The current relevant information is:
Motherboard: Rampage V extreme
Ram: Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M4A2133C13R
Cpu: Intel 5820k
Psu: Coolmax CUL-950B

Chino
Level 15
Correct.

Remove your CPU carefully. Then proceed to examine the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins. When reinstalling your CPU and heatsink make sure you don't overtighten the screws for the heatsink. Remove all memory modules except for the one in the DIMM_A1 slot. See if the problem persists.

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
I had already tried removing the other 3 ram modules and rebooting but it was still the same, and yes the 4th remaining module was in the DIMM_A1 slot...

I'll check the cpu pins tomorrow then I'll post again 😄

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
Good morning everyone,

I checked the cpu socket, there are no bent or missing pins, after that I put all 4 memory cards one by one in the DIMM_A1 slot to see if my memory could be corrupt...
But nope same thing, it starts for a few seconds then just dies off again...

Any ideas?

Chino
Level 15

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
That is the thing, I tested the voltage of my psu and it's supplying stable voltage ratings...

If I can't find any other way then I guess I have to return the board to Asus...
I'm not in the US or the UK, is there any way I can return this to Asus? Will the warranty still be valid?
It hasn't even been 7 months since I bought the board.

kkn
Level 14
return it to the place you did buy it from.

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
I talked to the Asus customer service and they will set me up for a RMA. He also thinks that something might be wrong with the board itself.

But in the meantime before I ship it out to the US, is there anything else I might do to test it or even fix it? If not then I'll leave it how it is...

Chino
Level 15
Without spare parts, it'd be near impossible to do so. Your best route is to RMA if you cannot borrow extra parts or take your system down to a computer store for testing.