cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS is updating

coyi1895
Level 10
I switched on my computer this morning and I have this message greeting me and it's still ongoing;

BIOS is updating.
Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent system bootup failure.

The Q-Code is 90

So far it's over an hour and still waiting. My BIOS was 0603 and I haven't flashed or download the latest version. The manual doesn't mention this.
My specs are:

Rampage V Extreme
i7 5930K
Corsair Hydro H110
Corsair Obsidian 750D
Samsung ssd 840 EVO 1TB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
4X4GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 2666
Corsair AX1200i
Lite-On 124-14
ROG Pheobus soundcard
Gigabyte GTX GeForce 670
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
30 REPLIES 30

alcaloide wrote:
If 0802 is good why my motherboard can't take it, I reset the CMOS and flashed the motherboard with the 0802 and still having the same issue '' Bios is Updating" Looping issue. I have tried everything to got the latest bios on my motherboard and have been impossible and ASUS support sucks because nobody can address the issue.

How are you updating your BIOS and where are you downloading it from?

I downloaded the bios from this link:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/Rampage_V_Extreme/RAMPAGE-V-EXTREME-ASUS-0802.zip

I flashed the bios using EZ Bios on Windows, EZ Flash 2 from the Bios and the Flashback Bios option too. All 3 options I had the same issue ' Bios is Updating" Looping issue. I had to use Flashback Bios with the bios version 0603 to get the bios working again, if I flash it with 0706 or 0802 I got the ' Bios is Updating" Looping issue again.

Chino
Level 15
Is your USB pendrive FAT32 formatted? And Is the BIOS the only file present on the USB pendrive? Also try to use pendrives that are small in capacity and avoid those that have a secret hidden partition.

I did all that already and no luck.

Chino
Level 15
Assuming you're using the EZ Flash Utility, the BIOS will update and when the bar reaches 100% it will restart your first to finish the update. Once the system is restarted, a message saying iROG is updating, do no turn off system will appear on your screen.

Does your system do all of the above? And when does this "Bios is Updating" Looping issue start? And explain in detail exactly what happens or what you see.

Yes using EZ Flash 2 Utility the process complete 100% then the system restart to finish the update and I get the message Bios is Updating, do no turn off system.

The system get stuck on that screen and never finish, I left the system running overnight and next day was showing the same message, only happen when I flash the system with the bios 0706 or 0802, with any of the bios update options.

Chino
Level 15

alcaloide
Level 7
I sent my motherboard to ASUS because now I'm getting the Q-Code 19 memory issues, I tried different memories and the system is not booting up.

Chino
Level 15

bimasakti
Level 7
I have the same problem. And then I clear the CMOS. Update manually with USB Flash Drive contain 0901 file. Succeed.