cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios code 6F and 61?

crouchgod
Level 7
EDIT : All red modules were test, with 1 ram stick, everything works again now... odd
Whats cuasing this?
EDIT : Pulled out the 2 ram sticks on the left side and does not give erros..
Whenever i reboot the machine now currently its gives me a black screen with the following code...

When i woke up and booted the machine thats when i encountered the 2 bios erros..

What do i do now?

Reseat ram?

One thing to note.,

Nothing is overclocked.

Cant flash back to older bios. *selected file is not proper bios"
9 REPLIES 9

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Try booting with one stick at a time to see if any of your modules are defective.

Hi chino.

Tried the sicks on the left side. and now everything boots correctly when..
This is very weird.

Should i test the right side aswell now? even though everything is booting and does not give me an error currently..

Thanks for the reply

crouchgod
Level 7
Tested one ram slot in each red module, it shows no erros..

They used to sit in the red module, so i guess its working now currently..

crouchgod@ROG wrote:
Tested one ram slot in each red module, it shows no erros..

They used to sit in the red module, so i guess its working now currently..

That's correct. By default you should be using the red slots first.

Chino wrote:
That's correct. By default you should be using the red slots first.

Alright, did it and it works now for some reason..

its odd that it works now by just reseating them all..

Guess Hawkstorm will be right, if i get a a black screen with the same error code's again, we will see.

Hawkstorm
Level 7
Add alittle vcore, cha/chb and your eventual voltages, plug in your ram setting manually, also try adjusting system agent.

I had the same thing with my kit along with other fun and games.

Also have a go with the secondary bios flipped on see what you get.

ITs possible that flipping the order of the Dimms has changed the characteristics of the banks slightly but you will probably still issues later on without further tweaking, at least that's the experience I've had with this board.

Hawkstorm wrote:
Add alittle vcore, cha/chb and your eventual voltages, plug in your ram setting manually, also try adjusting system agent.

I had the same thing with my kit along with other fun and games.

Also have a go with the secondary bios flipped on see what you get.

ITs possible that flipping the order of the Dimms has changed the characteristics of the banks slightly but you will probably still issues later on without further tweaking, at least that's the experience I've had with this board.

How much volts do i add?
I have not encounted the issue yet again.

thanks for the info aswell.

crouchgod
Level 7
People suggested on anandtech forums to rma the board?
I've post all kinda issues i had with my PC when i did build it.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2458463

Anyone think i should RMA this board or not?

Hawkstorm
Level 7
I'd try adjusting your voltages first, you could try 1.35v CHA/CHB and eventual CHA/CHB as for system agent around 1.2v did the trick on the 2 5930k's I tried but results will vary chip to chip, and possibly a tad of Vcore while you see whats what.

If your still don't get anywhere then I'd probably look first at swapping out your memory kit.

I like you and others have had funky slot detection problems with this board, mine resolved itself though I probably had changed bios too at that point, I can't remember now, though I'd completely clear your bios too and try again.

But like you I had many many problems with this board, most related to problems getting my Memory kit working stable seems to be a common thread with this board, along with other related memory kit problems.

But I'd start with your memory kit first and and tweaking if required and make sure you test your ram properly as you go.

There's a 3000Mhz guide on here which you may find useful and explains the various voltage settings in this bios , it will give you the idea of what you need to do regardless of ram speed to get your kit stable, without me having to type a wall of text on Xmas eve. lol

Failing that if your still getting no joy and RMA'ing the Kit and the board is a option at no expsense for you then that might not be a bad idea though personally I think you should look at replacing the memory kit first, and trying again.

If you do swap your kit however try swap it for a QVL listed one out of the manual by part code.

As far as reflashing your bios, you can use the Bios flashback feature as outlined in your manual on a usb in the dedicated slot on the IO panel, its a new feature for me on this board so I'm not the best one to tell you about it, as its not something I've had cause to use personally.

Hope you have good luck and let us know how your doing.