cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS 0901 and mouse

RickROG
Level 11
A minor annoyance because can still use keyboard. Every so often I loose the mouse pointer in BIOS setup and effectively the mouse function-does not function well, colored bars over the setting tell me where the mouse is at that moment, left click more colored bars, left click and cannot navigate drop down menus. Must use keyboard to navigate.
Sometimes when this happens in the BIOS dialogue "save settings and reset" when OK is hit-keyboard or mouse-the dialogue box just goes opaque and the setup hangs. I have to force a reboot using the case reset button or if that does not work force a shutdown. The system restarts OK and any settings changed in that session immediately before the "hang" are saved.
"If you say you can't, then, you probably can't"
14 REPLIES 14

RickROG
Level 11
I just received my ASUS ROG Gladius and replaced the Logitech G502S Proteus Core with it. This is a really nice mouse-fits my big paws like a glove and you don't have a whole bunch of useless (for me) buttons to accidently press. I will now do some serious gaming. I really like the ROG Gladius.
All my USB issues have disappeared with the removal of the Logitech G9xxx Gaming mouse. So, I am one happy camper 🙂
Thanks very much again Chino and Raja!

Raja
Level 13
Very good. Glad you like it. For those of us that prefer a larger mouse the Gladius is a good fit.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Very good. Glad you like it. For those of us that prefer a larger mouse the Gladius is a good fit.

...and it is perfect for FPS or action games which are all I play-used it yesterday for 4 hours, VEEEry nice. Only one little glitch; it does not shut off when I shut the computer down. the ROG and MMB LEDs stay on, so, from that I assume the meece stays on-minor-not worried about it.
Thanks 🙂

Raja
Level 13
You can try enabling ErP in UEFI - depending on how the PSU supports it might turn that off.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
You can try enabling ErP in UEFI - depending on how the PSU supports it might turn that off.

Hybernation and Fast Boot (ReadyBoot) are always disabled offline to my custom install wim, but, I chose Enable for S4 and S5 anyways and Bob's your uncle. Thanks, worked just great-mouse now turns off when computer is sleeping or shut down. Also, I googla enable ERP just to get the skinny on it and apparently there have been issues with not being able to cold boot; i.e.: the PC will not power up at all when Power On case button pushed. My system started perfectly.
Thanks Raja 🙂
PS: I'm assuming S4 relates to hybrernation only and S5 is a full Power Off state; n'est pa' ?