Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS X99 Deluxe Revealed!

randyenergy
Level 10
40 REPLIES 40

Menthol
Level 14
It's not what I went looking for so I had to settle for Black and White today. It's damn pretty but the Red GSkill looks out of place, not in the picture

Menthol wrote:
It's not what I went looking for so I had to settle for Black and White today. It's damn pretty but the Red GSkill looks out of place, not in the picture

You got one already Menthol?? Nice!! Didn't know they were available already.

Menthol
Level 14
Hope there are some how to overclock threads soon

Menthol wrote:
Hope there are some how to overclock threads soon

I'm sure you got the skills to oc Menthol 🙂

What cpu did you get? The 8 core?

Menthol
Level 14
twisted1 you know me better than that, I have 1 each, I am hoping the RVE comes in stock soon, the Deluxe is a wonderful board, every feature you could use in a high end desktop, 1 M.2 om the board and a M.2 pcie add on card both pcieX4, if they can be configured as a raid, which I have not explored yet you could get some crazy SSD speeds. The highest overclock I have gotten in just a couple hours of playing is 4750mhz, I have no idea what safe voltages are, especially for RAM, if I try and lower any timings it won't boot, I have not gone past 1.4 volts on the mem yet.

it is truly such a beauty of a board! ordered it today along with the 5930K.
may i ask if you already have played around with the 5930K?

Menthol wrote:
twisted1 you know me better than that, I have 1 each, I am hoping the RVE comes in stock soon, the Deluxe is a wonderful board, every feature you could use in a high end desktop, 1 M.2 om the board and a M.2 pcie add on card both pcieX4, if they can be configured as a raid, which I have not explored yet you could get some crazy SSD speeds. The highest overclock I have gotten in just a couple hours of playing is 4750mhz, I have no idea what safe voltages are, especially for RAM, if I try and lower any timings it won't boot, I have not gone past 1.4 volts on the mem yet.

Haha Methol you da man! I wish I had the cash to get that too.

As for safe volts I would guess it'll take volts just as good as haswell or better. Looking att SB compared to SB-E, SB-E could take a bit more w/o damage. And the same goes for Ivy/Ivy-E.

From the tests I've read so far most people seem to have less trouble OC'ing the ram clock, rather than tigthening the timings.

It would be interesting to see what kind of cpu scores you get in vantage with both 6 and 8 core. I wonder if it's worth upgrading from SB-E @5.2Ghz to a haswell-E 6 core. Ivy-E wasn't worth it if you didn't get a great cpu. My RIVE is down and either I get a new RIVE or go for X99 and sell the SB-E.

meankeys
Level 13
Newegg is listing this Rampage V Extreme bundle $2000

NEW!! Haswell-Extreme Bundle: Intel Core i7-5960K 3.0GHz Eight Core, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4 x 4) RAM DDR4 2800, ASUS Rampage V Extreme Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1814669

Menthol
Level 14
I sent an AIDA64 report in yesterday as it would just freeze, they sent me a beta this morning but is is reading volts and temps way off and it still kind of freezes when you try and use it to monitor, but it eventually will unfreeze, kind of like CPU-z takes a long time to open, apparently software engineers have some work to do