cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS STRIX X99 - LIGHTED BOARD when PC is OFF

ghostfox
Level 7
hi All,
installed this friday, all system is nice and rock solid.

when i switch OFF the PC, i see motherboard light is ON... is that normal? is possible to disable that when PC is OFF?
thank in advance,
Ghostfox
3 REPLIES 3

ghostfox
Level 7
is that an option of ErP on bios to set ENABLE? (for disabling the motherboard led whend pc goes OFF) ..?

coyi1895
Level 10
Yeah it's normal. Turning off the PSU will result the RGB led to be off but reset to default if you do that. Options are disabled or enabled in the UEFI BIOS. And when enabled, always working: S0 (working), S3 (sleep) and S5 (soft off)

EDIT: I looking in the manual and it said this on page 3-26

LEDs will always light up at the S0(Working), S3(Sleep), and S5(Soft off) states, but not at the S5 state when the ErP Ready is enabled. So yeah, S5 is soft off so enable ErP Ready and try that.

coyi1895 wrote:
Yeah it's normal. Turning off the PSU will result the RGB led to be off but reset to default if you do that. Options are disabled or enabled in the UEFI BIOS. And when enabled, always working: S0 (working), S3 (sleep) and S5 (soft off)

EDIT: I looking in the manual and it said this on page 3-26

LEDs will always light up at the S0(Working), S3(Sleep), and S5(Soft off) states, but not at the S5 state when the ErP Ready is enabled. So yeah, S5 is soft off so enable ErP Ready and try that.

i found a solution, like what you have writed...
i put in ADVANCED > Erp > ENABLE (S5) state.

after that all board have features LED OFF in every state (PC ON or PC OFF)
Returning on the BIOS, go to ADVANCED > On board option > and ENABLE manually RGB LED.
Now when pc is ON on windows working normally with AURA software and when you switch OFF the PC, all LED goes OFF normally.

Thanks in advance for support,
Ghostfox