cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS STRIX B250G and Microphone problem

bfrheostat
Level 7
Hello everyone, it's my first post on these forums. I need your help about my mic.

First of all, i already searched for this issue on Google, even here but i couldn't find a solution. I already wrote the specifications on my profile page but here is my rig again:

ASUS STRIX B250G
Intel Core i5-7500 3.40GHz (6MB Cache)
ASUS GeForce GTX1050Ti OC Edition (4GB GDDR5)
CORSAIR 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance (DDR4 3000MHz CL15)
WD 3.5" 1TB Caviar Blue SATA 3.0 7200RPM (64MB Cache)
XIGMATEK FRONTLINER EN8811 Case
PHILIPS SBC MD110 (Mic)
Panasonic over-the-head headphones (i don't remember the model, apparently they didn't engraved it anywhere on headphones)
Windows 7 Professional (x64)

Here is the mic jack:

Now here's the problem: I can't use my microphone with this rig. When i plug my mic in, Windows detect my microphone but there is no sound. I've tried this on Steam, Discord, Audacity and even the renowned "Recording devices" window. Mic is working btw, i was using it on my Toshiba Satellite L850D (PSKGEE) laptop. The mic itself a little bit weird though, i must admit.

Here is the list what i've tried:
- Used the driver came by the chipset DVD, used the latest version from ASUS website and then used the latest driver from official Realtek site (to test if the culprit was SupremeFX or not)
- Tried both front and back mic input. Tried both again while headphones were unplugged.
- As i said before, tested the mic with different softwares such as Audacity and Discord. Working on my good old laptop.

Meanwhile, I'll try to use another microphone but right now i can't buy nor find another. Do you know any fix about this?
(and i hope the sub-forum i choose to send this post is correct)

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

Chino
Level 15
The only way to diagnose the problem is to either test your microphone in another system or test your system with another microphone.