cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming bluetooth not working

kosamchetoo
Level 7
Whenever I start my PC i get a bunch on bluetooth errors in event viewer, all the same - "The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded". I can pair my phone with my PC, but whenever I try to transfer files, the transfer just stays at 0% and after some time the transfer fails. Is there any known fix?
10 REPLIES 10

kosamchetoo
Level 7
Yes I have.

Chino
Level 15

kosamchetoo
Level 7
There is only one Bluetooth driver on the support page. It doesn't look like the latest version ever released but, it's the only one and I have it installed.

kosamchetoo
Level 7
Anyone?

kosamchetoo wrote:
Anyone?

Just forget about it. Time costs money, stop caring as Asus won't solve this problem.

Buy a USB Bluetooth dongle in Amazon or Newegg and you're ready to go. I gave up long ago.

Brighttail
Level 11
This has been an issue with the Rampage V Extreme Edition 10 board as well ever since the Windows 10 Anniversary update. Some people can get it to work but there are many threads about it with the R5E and the R5E10. In the end, yeah. I don't it will be fixed. We have tried 4 or 5 different bluetooth drivers, reinstalling, connecting a different Wi-fi receiver to the board, flashing BIOS, ect, ect, ect,

In the end Asus never responded to any of our posts about this issue except one where they alluded to Windows being the issue.

I bought a $5 dongle and all works fine, it sux but at least the USB dongle is low profile and I can hide it in back of my computer.

Whatcha going to do? We've asked, complained, demanded, pleaded and nothing.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail
Level 11
I tried something new. I downloaded the bluetooth drivers for the 270 Strix. Good news is I finally saw my dualshock controller come up on the list, but it refused to pair.

This tells me it is a driver issue on Asus End.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Brighttail wrote:
I tried something new. I downloaded the bluetooth drivers for the 270 Strix. Good news is I finally saw my dualshock controller come up on the list, but it refused to pair.

This tells me it is a driver issue on Asus End.

find device and work with z270 driver in rampage v10?