cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage V extreme with Corsair H110i GT

samboy87
Level 9
hello Rog friends!

I bought my pc pre-build because I didn't have the time to build one.

everything looks nice! but I noticed 1 problem. I can't control my chassi fans, and neighter the corsair H110i gt fans! they are running at max speed the whole time ''2380rpm'', that offcourse is pretty enoying. wel good for the cooling but you get it 😉

the other problem I saw was that the Pc builder didn't connect the ''USB1314'' Corsair link cable to the cooler. so I cant change the colors or adjust the fan/pump speed. And Corsair link cant find my H110i cooler in the settings. al it says is Asus motherboard cpu instead of H110i.
I wanted to connect the cable but noticed that the usb ''1314'' is already in use! and what I cant see is that the Asus rampage v extreme only has 1 1314 header...

My setup.

Case - Corsair 750D
CPU - Intel i7 5930K @stock / CPU Cooler - Corsair H110i GT , Cpu Max temp, 40c / min temp 30c ''Celsius.
MB - Asus Rampage V Extreme / Bios 1401 '' Did update it self'' First it was 901.
Ram - Corsair 16gb Ballistix Sport 2400 / BLS4C4G4D240FSA
GPU - MSI Geforce Gtx 980 4g Twin Frozn
PSU - Corsair HX1000i
SSD - Samsung Evo 850 250gb
HDD - Toshiba 3tb
21 REPLIES 21

Chino
Level 15
If the fans are connected to the Corsair cooler then you need to use Corsair Link. If they were connected to your motherboard, you can control them via the BIOS or the Fan Xpert utility within AI Suite.

The Rampage V Extreme has 2 internal USB 2.0 headers. One is probably in use if you're using the OC Panel. That should leave the other one free to use .

samboy87
Level 9
hi chino.

well the H110i gt usb cable need to be connected to the ''1314USB'' Head and not another usb2 header. my H110i gt is working properly. I got white light from the corsair logo. and the fans spins 2380rmp the whole time. I cant control the fans. but I want to use the corsair link to be able to update my cooler. and offcourse be able to control my fan speed and the corsair light. pretty stupid of corsair to use a 1314header instead of something else because the 1314header is mostly occupied!

samboy87 wrote:
hi chino.

well the H110i gt usb cable need to be connected to the ''1314USB'' Head and not another usb2 header. my H110i gt is working properly. I got white light from the corsair logo. and the fans spins 2380rmp the whole time. I cant control the fans. but I want to use the corsair link to be able to update my cooler. and offcourse be able to control my fan speed and the corsair light. pretty stupid of corsair to use a 1314header instead of something else because the 1314header is mostly occupied!

The cable can be connected to any USB 2.0 connector on the motherboard. The numbers are just the IRQ numbering. For example USB1112 is ports 12 & 12 while USB1314 is for ports 12 & 14. 😛

Korth
Level 14
Can you take it back to the builder and have them do it right?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

skypine27
Level 7
OP:

I also run the H110i GT. I don't run the stock fans anymore, but when I did run them, I did NOT hook them to the Corsair CPU block. I hooked 1 of them to CPU and the other to CPU_OPT on the mobo. You can then control both fans (in sync) using Fan Xpert. Run Fan Xpert and click "test fans" (or whatever its called, I'm not at my PC to quote it verbatim) and then after its done, I selected the "SILENT" profile. They run REALLLLLLY slow and dead silent until the CPU really warms up, and then they spool up. It worked great with the OEM corsair fans as well as the aftermarket fans I run now.

However, I DO haver the corsair CPU block hooked up to the USB 2.0 header, but only so I can control the CPU block lighting (I like it set to RED to match the rest of the mobo colors)
*CPU: Intel 10980XE @ 5.0 ghz (by Core usage) w/ EK monoblock
*Mobo: Asus Rampage VIE
*RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000 G.Skill TridentZ
*Graphics: Gigabite 3090 Waterforce
*Monitor: Dell Alienware AW3418DW @ 120hz
*Storage OS: Samsung SM970 Pro (2TB) Windows 10
*Storage Games Internal: 4TB 850 EVO RAID0
*Storage Extermal: 48TB Raid0 (External USB 3.1 Box)
*Case/PSU: Thermaltake V71 TG/RGB + 3 Rads (120mm, 360mm, 420mm) + Corsair AX1200i PSU

avsquare
Level 7
iirc these corsair coolers fan connectors are 3 pin types, at least for my H100i GTX. If you are using a 4 pin fan but you connect them through the block and use the block's connector to the mobo I think you will lose the PWM mode capability

samboy87
Level 9
I just checked my motherboard and i dont have any spare USB2 headers 😞 im using the OC panel offcours.. but is USB1314 the same as USB1112? i got two usb 2 ports on the front what i maybe could disconnect. the only bad thing with the Corsair link micro usb cable, is that it's to short to hide! i want to connect it and drag the cable behind the motherboard , but it's to short! any nice ideas? i got the Corsair 750D case. i got a really nice cable management. and dont want to screw it with 1 cable. btw when the Cpu is 29c the fans are really quite. so its not a must , to use the corsair link cable right? only for leds and control. i never exeeded temps over 40. he Always hold it in the 27-40 while gaming for hours! in a 32c room! im really impressed with the cooler!

avsquare
Level 7
Well temperature varies on where you live probably. My stock idle is already at 41c with the H100i GTX. When overclocked to 4500MHz it is idling at 53c lol.

The OC panel and Corsair Link cable connects to 2 different connector. Both are at the center bottom of the mobo. The OC panel connects to the ROG_EXT connector while your Corsair Link cable connects to the USB2.0 header.

Depending on your casing, the Corsair Link cable is fine for me. Mine's a Corsair Carbide Air 540 so it is a mid tower, I am able to hide the majority of the length of the cable from below

yeah I live in the Netherlands we had some nice days but my computer room is pretty small now 😛 and was 32c like a sauna 😛 but the idle on stock is 29-32 and extreme gaming never above 40c mostly 36c. what is absolutely perfect in my eyes!. cant wait to overclock this beast.

yeah my casing is not a middtower 😛 that's the problem. its an full tower, thus its higher. and a nice cableing needs a longer cable 🙂 to be able to rout it nice.