cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage V eXtreme not working help me please

djaydmc
Level 7
Hi there
From 11/01/2016 mi pc its not working if i wanth it to work i must remove the power cable from the PSU and waith 5 or 10 min an then putit back and its working
then if i shut down windows its not working again the its not starting and not doing anithing until i remove the power cable waith 5 or 10 min and then i putit back and works
the motherboard its not shows ani error code when its working and when its not working
and when its workin all its fine no error and nothing
this its wath i heave tried:
-updated the bios to 1902(i think this its the last one)
-removed the memory ram and tried 1 by 1
-i tried with the Cmos buton on the back
-i tried switching the bios
-never done overclock
-i disarmed evrithing and armed again
-i removed the CPU
-i removed the graphic card
-i removed the hard disk
and i dont remember if i done anthing else
wath i heave notice that when i shut down windows(Start/Shut down) al its shuting down normali and when evrithing its stops the motherboard keeps glowing the red line on it and the SupremeFX logo(i dont know if that its normali.
I donth heave another PSU to try my pc config it this:

Motherboard model:Asus Rampage V Extreme

UEFI Version: 1902

CPU: Intel I7 5820k

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB:G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Red DDR4 2666 PC4-21300 16GB 4x4GB CL15

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives:Seagate Barracuda 7200 500gb

PSU: Corsair AX860

USB Devices (model/version number):

Monitor: LG Smart TV full hd

CPU Cooler: Deep Cool Captain 360

PC CASE: Cooler Master Cosmos II

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no? Microsoft Windows 7 and in another particion Windows 10 both actvated

Drivers Installed (include version): All to the laste version

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: no

System Overclocked (provide details)? never

Can someone indicate something or someone to help me solve the problem?(sorry for my bad english)
18 REPLIES 18

samboy87
Level 9
try to start the PC without any USB devices ex. mouse / keyboard etc. and disable Fast Boot in bios.

samboy87 wrote:
try to start the PC without any USB devices ex. mouse / keyboard etc. and disable Fast Boot in bios.

i heave disabled the Fast Boot ad now is startinng , but when i get back from work its starting with no video signal and i pres the reset buton and satrts fine with video signal and evrithing
why its was working with the fast boot enabled until 18/01/2016?
i updated the bios on 19/01/2016 when it was not working
why when its starts from cold it says no video signal(this is what happens now) and i need to pres the reset buton to get working?
and its normali that the red led line and the SupremeFX logo stais on when the pc its shut down?

Chino wrote:
Test your system with another PSU.

yep

Chino wrote:
Test your system with another PSU.

i was thinking the same thing the problem is i dont heave another one
but this wekend i wil do some test and depending on thath the next moonday y will go to a shop near me and seee if they do heave 1 psu to tri

Bcheck
Level 7
What bios were you on when it was working? Try to revert back using USB Bios Flashback
Then reset CMOS and unload with power button, start again and check bios settings with Fast boot disabled (if you have ssd)
I have 1701 which is pretty good. I am still waiting for more response on 1902. Sometimes new bios isnt always good.
Are you using the MOD ver?

I am curious if the PSU fixed it.
Cheers. Tom
Asus Rampage VI Extreme (1603 UEFI), Intel i9 Skylake-X 7940X
G-Skill RGB 32GB 3200 / Asus STRIX 1080Ti OC / 970 Pro NVMe / 850 Pro
Eizo FlexScan EV3237 4K IPS@60Hz
Corsair AX860i / Corsair H115i Extreme / Corsair Commander PRO / Corsair LL RGB - Obsidian 750D
Corsair Glaive / Corsair K95 RGB / Corsair VOID Wireless
Win 10 Pro x64 1809 Fall Edition

i'm getting problems now with 1902. never had any problems with other Bios firmwares but 1801 and 1902 really messes with my system atleaset. now when i start cold boot my pc starts up and close it down after 3 sec like 4 times than it works again...? i dont see any '' improved system stabillity'' with the newer bios firmwares, good game Asus ,good game

Bcheck wrote:
What bios were you on when it was working? Try to revert back using USB Bios Flashback
Then reset CMOS and unload with power button, start again and check bios settings with Fast boot disabled (if you have ssd)
I have 1701 which is pretty good. I am still waiting for more response on 1902. Sometimes new bios isnt always good.
Are you using the MOD ver?

I am curious if the PSU fixed it.
Cheers. Tom

when it stoped working i was with the bios 1701
wath hapened realy i was waching a movie and fall asleep and when i wake up the pc was blocked completli nothing was working
i presed the reset buton and it wont start until i remove the power cable from the psu for 5 or 10 min,i updated the bios to 1902 and the same thing i disabled the fast boot opcion like samboy87 said and seems like the problem was solved but when a shut down the pc the red line and the SupremeFX logo on the motherboard stays on and i dont know if that is normali
now its working but i think i heave coile whine and i dont know from wath becouse te graphic card its not it seems to be from the motherboard
any suggestions?