cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody got WiFi working with windows10?

fpex73
Level 7
No matter which network i try i get "cannot connect".
I tried already:
*- remove and reinstall drivers (from asus)
*- disable IPv6
*- update drivers (useless as it says i have the latest).

Currently I am resorting to a repeater with a cable, but it seems a shame ...

Thanks for any suggestion.*
10 REPLIES 10

red454
Level 11
Mine works fine - no issues. I am using a Linksys EA9500.

What router are you using?
Do you have other devices already connected to your wifi?
Is the wifi enabled in your BIOS?
Are the antennas connected to the outputs on the motherboard I/O panel?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

I tries few routers including an asus and an alfa with settings that works with all sort of devices and computers already (windows, linux and apple).
Wifi is enables and the antenna connected.
In fact the issue is that when i try to connect i get the infamous "cannot connect to this network" win error! I tried many things i found on the net, but none worked. I have been trying to look also for new drivers, but I only found the one from asus that i already had installed.*

Chino
Level 15

JustinThyme
Level 13
If you are seeing the router in the WiFi list with a decent signal I would be leaning toward something in the security of either the router or he OS or even AV and/or firewall settings.*
One thing to try is to delete that profile
Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen. Click Network settings. Click Manage Wi-Fi settings. Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete. Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.

Then go to device manger and delete the adaptor. When you see it's gone from the list right click and scan for hardware changes. *It should come back then reload the driver and try to connect again.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Tried already, next i turn off AV and firewall (The are redu dent in my configuration anyhow)

use windows 8.1 driver and install in Windows 10 work perfectly for me
with windows 10 own driver in asus site just connect to 5G ssid cant connect to 2.4G

armin_maleki wrote:
use windows 8.1 driver and install in Windows 10 work perfectly for me
with windows 10 own driver in asus site just connect to 5G ssid cant connect to 2.4G

which driver should i try then? Right now I am using a wifi repeater I had laying around and a cable. But the integrated wifi in the mobo woudl be faster 🙂

fpex73 wrote:
which driver should i try then? Right now I am using a wifi repeater I had laying around and a cable. But the integrated wifi in the mobo woudl be faster 🙂

if you install windows 10 wifi driver uninstall it and intall windiws 8.1 wifi driver in windows 10 from your usb motherboard flash

Actually I had the same issue in windows 8.1, sometimes I can not connect to my WIFI network but I solved that when I reinstall the drivers (its kinda tired do this but works :mad: Rampage V sucks)