cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any new BIOS for the R5E10 coming?

Brighttail
Level 11
So 1003 isn't playing nice with my RAM and in fact I had to go back to 801. Not the worst thing in the world but I've seen two or three updates for the R5E and nothing recently with the R5E10.

Bueller?
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
8 REPLIES 8

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Nope. Asus does not give a **** about those of us that shelled out $600 for their beta testing program.

I bet you they EOL'd this board and it's now a legacy product to them. Absolutely pathetic support from Asus.

Sprayingmango wrote:
Nope. Asus does not give a **** about those of us that shelled out $600 for their beta testing program.

I bet you they EOL'd this board and it's now a legacy product to them. Absolutely pathetic support from Asus.

I totally agree. Are very weak, amateurs ...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
New Year's BIOS incoming...version 2017...increases user stability...reduces boot time whingeing time...

😉

Menthol
Level 14
R5-E10 is a R5E refresh, therefore most any issue was worked out before the R5-E10 was released
there have been 23 bios released for the R5E, 7 for the R5-E10, my guess is far more than any other manufacturer
X-99 platform won't be outdated until end of 2017 when Skylake-E is released and there may be more bios releases, there have been very few bios that I had any issues with

ASUS is recognized as having the best bios in the industry and hardly armatures, what do you want a personalized bios for your choice of hardware, with your name listed on it?
A bios that can correct user error is impossible to make

Menthol wrote:
R
ASUS is recognized as having the best bios in the industry and hardly armatures, what do you want a personalized bios for your choice of hardware, with your name listed on it?

Asus is more recognized for not solving bugs 😄

The last time I notified the Asus support of a bug, they replied that as long as there was a workaround, it will not correct
The only manufacturer to do this
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus

Menthol wrote:
R5-E10 is a R5E refresh, therefore most any issue was worked out before the R5-E10 was released
there have been 23 bios released for the R5E, 7 for the R5-E10, my guess is far more than any other manufacturer
X-99 platform won't be outdated until end of 2017 when Skylake-E is released and there may be more bios releases, there have been very few bios that I had any issues with

There is no need to apologize for Asus.....

The RVE10 has numerous bugs and issues that are simply ridiculous for such an espensive board. From the botched PCI-e lane assignments to the buggy USB ports....to the RAM incompatibility...there is no excuse. They saw a quick way to get RVE owners like myself to "upgrade" so they slapped RGB LEDs on a board and sold it.

This will be my last Asus ROG product, which is sad because I've been with them since 2006 when they released the first ROG board.

Menthol wrote:

Hello

Imagine if this was possible. Whining and complaints on forums would be practically non-existent.

tistou77
Level 13
It is true that since the bios 3xxx for the R5E (and R5E10), there are some bugs that have appeared and still not corrected (USB disconnection, boot time, etc...)
With the previous bios, no problem (And those already present, Source Clock Tuner for example)

Can be a slack on bios design or done too quickly
Sorry for my english 😄

Case: Lian Li A77F
MB: Rampage VI Extreme Encore
CPU: i9 10980XE
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 4x8Gb @4000 C16
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080ti XC Ultra
PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 1000W
DATA: Samsung 980 Pro
SOUND: Asus Xonar Phoebus