cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusted Overclock looking for opinions/suggestions

VengeanceWithin
Level 7
Recently updated my BIOS from 1003 to 1701 and lost my settings for my Overclock. Figured it was a good time to try for something else. Previously I wasn't able to get my RAM to run at it's XMP profile for 2666Mhz. After reading some posts here and elsewhere, changing it to 'Mode 1' in the Dram Settings it would finally boot. As far as I could tell it would up the VCCIO to 1.25v. That seemed high so I adjusted to where it was stable which seems to be 1.136v. Anyways this is what I got now What do you experts think?

Thank You
4 REPLIES 4

Vlada011
Level 10
I tried XMP on old RVE board and didn't success to boot, but I didn't change strap and clock properly.
Problem is because XMP is 2666MHz 15-17-17-35 2T and I run 15-15-15-35 1T. Because of that XMP is not usefull for me.
Off course I could try other XMP 2800MHz but I suppose XMP2 even change voltage to 1.35V.

I doubt my results could be much better than this for 2666MHz SS early DDR4 kits and on i7-5820K.
That's results similar to first benchmark test after X99 show up on market.

I could improve results on 70-71.000 with some Trident Z 3200MHz 14-14-14 1T kit example, 32GB DS, some newer modules.
And I made mistake because I didn't bought 32GB when price drop to 250 euro. Mostly because I like Dominator Platinum and their price never drop below 320 euro. My kit now cost 20 euro less than before 3 years when I bought.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
VengeanceWithin wrote:
Recently updated my BIOS from 1003 to 1701 and lost my settings for my Overclock. Figured it was a good time to try for something else. Previously I wasn't able to get my RAM to run at it's XMP profile for 2666Mhz. After reading some posts here and elsewhere, changing it to 'Mode 1' in the Dram Settings it would finally boot. As far as I could tell it would up the VCCIO to 1.25v. That seemed high so I adjusted to where it was stable which seems to be 1.136v. Anyways this is what I got now What do you experts think?

Thank You

The Tweak Modes and the subsequent timing changes help depending on the modules used, and to a slightly lesser extent CPU. If you're stable, those settings are fine. VCCSA is the voltage that most directly affects DRAM stablity so you can perhaps work on lowering that too, if tweaking voltages is the end game here. At 2666, you really want to be running Command Rate 1T, too. This should be your next step.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Should I try lowering all the timings or start with the Command Rate and if that's stable then attempt to lower the rest? Here's a screenshot of the Memory Benchmark.

Thanks for the help

VengeanceWithin wrote:
Should I try lowering all the timings or start with the Command Rate and if that's stable then attempt to lower the rest? Here's a screenshot of the Memory Benchmark.

Thanks for the help

I would personally just lower the command rate for the time being, and check for stability. Best to check stability with something like HCI Memtest or Google Stress App when making changes, though. AIDA benchmark, although a good metric to see what performance is gained, hardly puts any load on the memory bus.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090