cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 long and 3 short signals

TheEternaL
Level 9
Hello.
At me today at reboot the speaker issued one long and three short signals thus after a signal post AA and on the screen there is no signal.
With what it can be connected?
What does 1 long and 3 short signals mean?

After that, I took out the graphics card and put it back and it all started.
14 REPLIES 14

I've had this same issue ever since i installed Windows 11.
I read the comment above and yes it worked lol, Turned Monitor on before PC and no beeps
WoW lol Never done it on Windows 10 yet this has only happened since the upgrade to Windows 11
Thank You for the Advice, i can put up with turning Monitor on 1st lol

R1-Mini wrote:
I've had this same issue ever since i installed Windows 11.
I read the comment above and yes it worked lol, Turned Monitor on before PC and no beeps
WoW lol Never done it on Windows 10 yet this has only happened since the upgrade to Windows 11
Thank You for the Advice, i can put up with turning Monitor on 1st lol

😮

Strange thing is that I am still on Windows 10 :rolleyes:

PipJones
Level 8
This fixed the issue for me on my HTPC. 1050ti / Sabertooth X99 / 6850K / W11 Pro

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

PipJones wrote:
This fixed the issue for me on my HTPC. 1050ti / Sabertooth X99 / 6850K / W11 Pro

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/

I'm on RTX 3070 and I still have that issue. Can't believe that is a firmware issue also for latest NVidia chips.

piratino wrote:
I'm on RTX 3070 and I still have that issue. Can't believe that is a firmware issue also for latest NVidia chips.

I have a similar issue with my Ryzen B550-F Gaming (WiFi) motherboard and my RX 6800XT GPU.

I even updated the GPU FW with same 1L & 3S beeps.

Everything boots up fine, except the beeps happen on every cold boot.

EDIT:

It is my monitor. It is an off brand. Then I remembered I replaced this motherboard, but kept the GPU, and that is when it started the beeping.

Now, I just turned on the TV and waited for the no signal and then I hit the power button and it starts up immediately without any beeps.

I guess my old motherboard had a slow BIOS initialization and it never beeped. I have MB speakers on all of my systems. so I know when things act up and I can fix them quickly.