cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unestable or low FPS with a TUF F15 FX516PM-211 RTX 3060

Maurarg
Level 7
I Recently bought a brand new Asus Tuf Dash F15 with 11th gen i7 11370h, RTX 3060, 16gb ram 3200hz and 1080p 144hz display.

I've been testing it for a few days and find out that it has a terrible FPS while gaming when I'm using the dedicated nVidia GPU. Games like League of Legends, Valorant, CSGO, can't hold 144 fps and drops down to around 100 fps, and it's very noticeable while game sesions, even worse with the First Person Shooter games. It's pretty funny that those are not very demanding game and the RTX 3060 can barely hold a decent FPS.

The funny part of this is that, no matter which graphics settings I set (LOW, MEDIUM or HIGH, or 720p or 1080p resolution), it does 144 fps for a little while then the FPS drops.

My previous laptop (XPG XENIA) did a pretty solid 144 fps with only 2 or 3 frames drops (in some few situations) with a 9th gen i7, 144hz panel and a GTX 1660ti with the same games and same game's graphic settings, but it could do a solid 144fps.

- I always use a fanless laptop cooling pad , those that do not interfere laptop fans and elevate the laptop over the surface.
- Windows, drivers, bios and ARMOURY CRATE app are up to date (i'm checking everyday if there are new updates)
-Armoury Crate is set to Turbo mode with iGPU disabled. Also tried with Performance Mode.
- nVidia RTX 3060 is set as primary Graphic Card in nVidia settings
- AC is connected all time.
- Temps is always around 70-75° celcius

I noticed that Armoury Crate app shows the GPU never hits 100% of usage (around 60 - 70%) and the CPU is at 100% but it doesn't go any further than 4400hz (Asus claims that the i7 11370H can do 4,8ghz).

Testing in more demanding game like Horizon Zero dawn, My previous laptop could do 55 - 59FPS in Ultra settings and with this laptop is barely doing above 45fps.

i'm pretty concern why a GTX 1660ti and a 9th gen Intel i7 do a better performance than 11th gen Intel i7 wih a RTX 3060? This laptop has two generation newer hardware and it performs worse.
Is there something that i'm missing to check?
12 REPLIES 12

Triton_se
Level 8
In Armoury Crate home, select GPU tab and set GPU Power Saver to Advanced and apply changes. If you have same problems as many others, that will be a fix (GPU runs in proper way, not like in a battery mode way with STRONGLY REDUCED CLOCKS while still on AC power)

I wonder why mods aren't here first to help....

Triton.se wrote:
In Armoury Crate home, select GPU tab and set GPU Power Saver to Advanced and apply changes. If you have same problems as many others, that will be a fix (GPU runs in proper way, not like in a battery mode way with STRONGLY REDUCED CLOCKS while still on AC power)

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately there is no GPU tab in Home Section, it only shows performance profiles. I found "GPU Power Saver" under System tab, but there is not much option to do there.

Oh, it lacks the Manual mode and you can't change CPU and GPU thingies ? 😞

Guess you'll have to wait for mods or other who has a fix.

In ROG Strix with installed appropriate ACConfig it looks like this:

Triton.se wrote:

Hi there,
I am really grateful for your active and your sharing.
Mods would be really appreciate if you could understand that Mods are not from the same country as you and impossible to work 24/7 on this forum.
I am trying my best to reply as fast as I can.
Thank you.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Maurarg,
I'm sorry that the TUF series does not have manual mode.
Please share the full screenshot of Armoury crate when you are playing games,
And the software you use to detect the fps.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello Maurarg,
I'm sorry that the TUF series does not have manual mode.
Please share the full screenshot of Armoury crate when you are playing games,
And the software you use to detect the fps.
Thank you.

Thankyou for your response and time.

As you requested, i'm attaching some screenshot during game sesions of the games I mentioned above.
The program that i usually use are nVidia tool or RivaTunerStatic.

Horizon Hero Dawn:

Valorant:
Here I had some problems to take screenshot of the game. I don't know if Riot Games is blocking screenshot in game. Those screenshot were made with few seconds away.

League of Legends:
Same situation as Valorant. I wasn't able to take direct screenshot. This pictures were also taken with some seconds of difference.

I know that differents laptop can perform diferent even with same hardware, but my friend has an Acer Predator Helios with 10th gen I7 with RTX 3060 can do stable 144fps with Valorant and League Of Legeds, and stable 60fps with Horizon Zero Dawn with ultra settings.
But my point is that my previous Laptop (XPG XENIA 9th i7, GTX 1660ti) did a better performance than the actual laptop I have.

I've recently updated to the lastest BIOS version 316 for my laptop model and unfortunately it's performing worse than before.
I saw no change in Horizon Zero Dawn, it going 40 ish fps but in League Of Legends I used to play around 100 ish fps (as the lowest amount of fps) but now it's droping down to 90 fps. Same performance's drop happened in Cyberpunk 2077, FPS was around 40 and 50 (with DLSS) with mixed graphics settings, and now is going around 20-30 FPS.

One more thing: Mousepad lag bug is happening again. It was fixed in Bios 314 but now with 316 version is happening again.

To be honest, I feel like I bought a downgrade rather than an upgrade with this laptop.

My issue is fixed by adjusting the in-game graphics settings. here

Did you find a solution?