Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuf Gaming F17 (2022) : C-Media - Extension – 2.1.1.14

kikimahe
Level 10
Bonjour,

TUF GAMING F17 (2022)
Windows 11 22H2.

Windows Update offers every day the installation of "C-Media - Extension – 2.1.1.14" even if it is already installed.

I used Windows update repair utility.
No change.

D'autres personnes ont un problème identique.
https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/all/windows-update-und-c-media-extension-21114/705...

If anyone else here has the same problem, did you find a solution?

Thanks for your help.

TUF GAMING F17 (2022) FX707ZM
I7 12700H / RTX 3060 / 32 Go
12 REPLIES 12

fl5214
Level 7
kikimahe wrote:
Bonjour,

TUF GAMING F17 (2022)
Windows 11 22H2.

Windows Update offers every day the installation of "C-Media - Extension – 2.1.1.14" even if it is already installed.

No change.

https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/all/windows-update-und-c-media-extension-21114/705...

Thanks for your help.

No solution yet

MoKiChU
Level 40
kikimahe wrote:
Bonjour,

TUF GAMING F17 (2022)
Windows 11 22H2.

No change.

Thanks for your help.

Salut/Hi,

I see that you are french, me too, but please don't post in French (first of all because the special characters make the characters bug, and especially because English is the language of this international forum).

Please show us a screenshot of the Extensions category of your DriverStore via the Driver Store Explorer tool (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

MoKiChU wrote:
Salut/Hi,

I see that you are french, me too, but please don't post in French (first of all because the special characters make the characters bug, and especially because English is the language of this international forum).

Please show us a screenshot of the Extensions category of your DriverStore via the Driver Store Explorer tool (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

Hi, this error also happens on TUF Gaming F15 FX507ZE as well. kindly refer to the attached screenshot as requested. For now i will use Windows Tool to hide this particular updates as this is slightly annoying as it prompt me to restart PC on daily basis.... also it causes issue on Dolby sound processing as well, after install update and restart will always causes the sound to be too loud or burst sound...

FlammaXing wrote:

Hi, this error also happens on TUF Gaming F15 FX507ZE as well. kindly refer to the attached screenshot as requested. For now i will use Windows Tool to hide this particular updates as this is slightly annoying as it prompt me to restart PC on daily basis.... also it causes issue on Dolby sound processing as well, after install update and restart will always causes the sound to be too loud or burst sound...

Hi,

Your C-Media Extension Driver is missing in your DriverStore.

@ Those who have the same issue : Follow this process to fix that :

- Download/Install this drivers package : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/Image/Driver/Audio/29631/Audio_DriverOnly_Cmedia_ROG_Cme...
- Launch Driver Store Explorer > Click on the "Select Old Driver(s)" button > Click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
- Restart your PC

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

- Download/Install this drivers package from your product support page : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FA507RR/Audio_DriverOnly_Cmedia_ROG_Cmedia_B_V2.2.1.14_2...
- Launch Driver Store Explorer > Click on the "Select Old Driver(s)" button > Click on the "Delete Driver(s)" button
- Restart your PC

Thank you for the solution, yes, after install the driver package, there is a new entry at extension section for C-Media. Didn't know there is another extension come along with this old driver as MS had issued new driver update. Dolby atmos also working fine. Most likely i did an incomplete driver install after format windows months ago to troubleshoot that annoying CTRL SHIFT N bug due to C-Media control panel (already resolved on new app update). Thanks again.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

- Download/Install this drivers package from your product support page : https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/GamingNB/FA507RR/Audio_DriverOnly_Cmedia_ROG_Cmedia_B_V2.2.1.14_2...
- Restart your PC

Hi,

Thanks for your help and sorry for my french language. 😉

Your process don't fix this problem :

1) I INSTALL PACKAGE Cmedia 2.2.1.14 (02/2022)

- Software components 2.2.1.14 OK

- Extension cm6549_ext.inf 2.1.1.14 OK

- Restart Windows OK

2) I RUN WINDOWS UPDATE

- Windows update Automatic install the last Software components 2.3.2.22 (08/2022) OK

- Extension cm6549_ext.inf disappears ! KO

- Restart Windows - Same thing...

3) I RUN WINDOWS UPDATE SERVERAL TIMES
Windows always ask to install l the preview extension 2.1.1.14.
But it doesn't work and windows update try to reinstall extension endlessly.

I conclude that the extension cm6549_ext.inf 2.1.1.14 can't work properly with the last package software component 2.3.2.22
Or a problem related to windows 22H2 :rolleyes:

Hi

I found a solution by using the Microsoft utility "Show and hide uptades" to block the automatic installation of the 2 drivers !
- C-Media 2.3.2.22
- C-Media 2.2.2.22

Process :

1) Go to Windows update and interrupt updates for 1 week.

2) Download and install the latest C-MEDIA driver available from the ASUS page for your ASUS model:
(C-media 2.2.1.13 for mine).

3) Download the Microsoft utility "the troubleshooter" (file wushowhide.diagcab) from the Microsoft webpage:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/53184.show-or-hide-updates-utility-fixin...

4) Launch the wushowhide.diagcab utility :
- Choose Hide Update and hide C-MEDIA 2.3.2.22 and C-MEDIA 2.2.2.22 up

6) Go to Windows update and resume updates.

Start an update search : Windows update will not install "C-MEDIA extension 2.1.1.4" all the time 🙂

kikimahe wrote:
Hi

I found a solution by using the Microsoft utility "Show and hide uptades" to block the automatic installation of the 2 drivers !
- C-Media 2.3.2.22
- C-Media 2.2.2.22

Process :

1) Go to Windows update and interrupt updates for 1 week.

2) Download and install the latest C-MEDIA driver available from the ASUS page for your ASUS model:
(C-media 2.2.1.13 for mine).

3) Download the Microsoft utility "the troubleshooter" (file wushowhide.diagcab) from the Microsoft webpage:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/53184.show-or-hide-updates-utility-fixin...

4) Launch the wushowhide.diagcab utility :
- Choose Hide Update and hide C-MEDIA 2.3.2.22 and C-MEDIA 2.2.2.22 up

6) Go to Windows update and resume updates.

Start an update search : Windows update will not install "C-MEDIA extension 2.1.1.4" all the time 🙂

This worked for my Asus Tuf A15 2022 FA507RM.
Thank you so much, I was really annoyed by this problem. Asus should really fix this issue on their side.

aniik8pv2 wrote:
This worked for my Asus Tuf A15 2022 FA507RM.
Thank you so much, I was really annoyed by this problem. Asus should really fix this issue on their side.

I'am happy for you.:)

But your prayers have been answered:

Check your driver page for your Asus Gaming.
A new version is now available for my Tufgaming F17 : C-MEDIA 2.2.1.22

I installed it and it seems to fix the problem !

After installation,
1) updates are no longer hidden in "wushowhide.diagcab"
2) updates not offered in Windows update.
3) Everything seems good in DriverStoreExplorer. 🙂