cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuf fx705du BIOS and Fan issues

Fox_friend
Level 7
Full model name under the notebook (usually next to the serial number): TUF705DU-PB74

Bios version: 315

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H Processor,

Memory amount in GB: 16

GPU: 1660TI

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: m.2 1tb and 1tb ssd

AC Adapter: stock

Operating system: Original ASUS factory image or clean install? Microsoft Activated yes/no? Clean install and updated/activated windows 10 pro

Drivers Installed (include version and especially any non-ASUS approved notebook drivers):

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: None

System Overclocked (provide details)?

Any hardware upgraded? Wireless card updated to Intel.

Issue (In addition to the problem description please let us know if the problems started recently and if you remember changing anything around the same time, etc.)

Three issues:

1. Bios shows FX505 when the laptop is a FX705DU
2. Fans pegged at max even in bios.
3. CPU temp will go from 82c to 42c then back up. This is in the bios under no load and when first turned on.

I have reflashed the bios from the support page for my laptop and even did a fresh install of windows just to be safe. No idea what is going on. Had this issue since December of 2019. Just been busy as this is my gaming laptop and I am home now so I use my desktop instead. The laptop is out of warrant sadly and I can't afford to send it in or buy a new one.
2 REPLIES 2

raju2529
Level 7
Fox_friend,
1. whats the exact model number in showing under system information in windows
2. have you downloaded bios from below site
ASUS TUF GAMING FX705DU

Few models from asus laptops having different naming model number with different bios model .for example take my laptop specs

asus vivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153 is name of model is selling, but actual BIos model number is X542UQ

X542UQ is showing in windows OS and in BIOS , but name of model is different R542UQ
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

raju2529 wrote:
Fox_friend,
1. whats the exact model number in showing under system information in windows
2. have you downloaded bios from below site
ASUS TUF GAMING FX705DU

Few models from asus laptops having different naming model number with different bios model .for example take my laptop specs

asus vivobook 15 R542UQ-DM153 is name of model is selling, but actual BIos model number is X542UQ

X542UQ is showing in windows OS and in BIOS , but name of model is different R542UQ

1. Shows the same in windows and on the bottom.
2. Yes I have and no change.

My solution was to do a fresh install and not install any Asus bloatware. Other than drivers there is no Asus software on my machine. Fans ramp up and down like they are supposed to. Only thing is that the proc now runs hotter. But, from what I have been reading, this processor runs hot and the thermal design of the cooler is terrible.

I had no issues using an older version of armory crate but since it auto updates to the latest broken version I decided to forgo it. Not to mention you can't stop the program from updating. I had blocked all asus apps in the firewall yet it still updated. Without any of this bloatware, my laptop runs like it did when I bought it. I just don't have control over the fans but I didn't before!