Did you mean: 

tuf dash f15 fan speed problem

persay55
Level 7
hi
please help me
my laptop is tuf f15 dash fx516pm 3060
i have cooling problem
after 3 or 4 last update version of armory crate my laptop fan on turbo mode dosent go up to maximum speed and its cause very up temperature (it going up of 90 and cause low framerate and lag in games) and i need to stop game:eek:
fan speed in all three mode (silent . performance . turbo) is equal and maximum of speed going to 5000_6000 rpm
i tested fan in asus app and in test there is not any problem and fan go to 7500 rpm
this is armory crate app problem and i posted my problem in armory crate froum but no one answered and in update of app it dosend solved.
please if someone know what i can do to achive max fan speed while gaming help me
i taked screenshot of modes (silent performance turbo) and you see there is no diffrent of all of them
my gaming laptop almost no use:mad:
20 REPLIES 20

persay55 wrote:
asus please help us...

asus you should help us

xeromist
I'm not sure if it will help but if you have not already please try uninstalling armoury crate with the removal tool that is on the ASUS support page for your hardware. Then reinstall and see if anything changes.

Also, have you reported your issue to ASUS support? This is a community forum so there is no guarantee that your issue will get counted. If support hears from a lot of TUF owners with this issue it's more likely to get looked at.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

soulburn74
Level 9
persay55 wrote:
hi
please help me
my laptop is tuf f15 dash fx516pm 3060
i have cooling problem
after 3 or 4 last update version of armory crate my laptop fan on turbo mode dosent go up to maximum speed and its cause very up temperature (it going up of 90 and cause low framerate and lag in games) and i need to stop game:eek:
fan speed in all three mode (silent . performance . turbo) is equal and maximum of speed going to 5000_6000 rpm
i tested fan in asus app and in test there is not any problem and fan go to 7500 rpm
this is armory crate app problem and i posted my problem in armory crate froum but no one answered and in update of app it dosend solved.
please if someone know what i can do to achive max fan speed while gaming help me
i taked screenshot of modes (silent performance turbo) and you see there is no diffrent of all of them
my gaming laptop almost no use:mad:

I just picked up same, it arrived yesterday, and I had similar issues. I was having some strange issues between the intel/Nvidia combo of GPU's and worked everything out. (this was done with out of box config, not reinstalling windows or anything). I can't say for sure which thing fixed it, but my guess is it was the combo of updating 1. Intel GPU driver (from intel website), 2. updating Nvidia GPU driver (from Nvidia website), and running MyASUS software updates that it found missing). But here is everything that I did out of the box to get this system running tip top:
1. Powered on lappie, plugged into power, ran windows updates until there were no updates to run including optional driver updates (took a few rounds).
2. Ran Windows store updates until there were no updates to run.
3. Ran Armoury Crate to see if there were updates (It ran through an install, which installed latest and greatest without any updates required afterward).
4. In MyAsus app, fun the updates it found in there.
5. Go to Intel website and download latest GPU driver and install it.
6. Go to Nvidia website and download latest GPU driver and install it.

after doing this, I was able to put system in turbo mode via armoury crate, hard set the games to run on nvidia within MS System\Display\Graphics section in settings, and monitor fps , temp and fan speed via afterburner in game to see that all is well.

(also did the following to complete the config):
6. Go to realtek website and download latest NIC driver and install it.
7. go back to intel website and download latest wifi and bluetooth drivers and install them.

I hope you figure out your issue!
To be honest I was shocked at how well this thing performs considering it only has a 3060 in it. I was expecting "Just good enough" but was happily surprised with "way better than I expected" (coming from a user that has a 3080ti in my desktop).

soulburn74 wrote:
I just picked up same, it arrived yesterday, and I had similar issues. I was having some strange issues between the intel/Nvidia combo of GPU's and worked everything out. (this was done with out of box config, not reinstalling windows or anything). I can't say for sure which thing fixed it, but my guess is it was the combo of updating 1. Intel GPU driver (from intel website), 2. updating Nvidia GPU driver (from Nvidia website), and running MyASUS software updates that it found missing). But here is everything that I did out of the box to get this system running tip top:
1. Powered on lappie, plugged into power, ran windows updates until there were no updates to run including optional driver updates (took a few rounds).
2. Ran Windows store updates until there were no updates to run.
3. Ran Armoury Crate to see if there were updates (It ran through an install, which installed latest and greatest without any updates required afterward).
4. In MyAsus app, fun the updates it found in there.
5. Go to Intel website and download latest GPU driver and install it.
6. Go to Nvidia website and download latest GPU driver and install it.

after doing this, I was able to put system in turbo mode via armoury crate, hard set the games to run on nvidia within MS System\Display\Graphics section in settings, and monitor fps , temp and fan speed via afterburner in game to see that all is well.

(also did the following to complete the config):
6. Go to realtek website and download latest NIC driver and install it.
7. go back to intel website and download latest wifi and bluetooth drivers and install them.

I hope you figure out your issue!
To be honest I was shocked at how well this thing performs considering it only has a 3060 in it. I was expecting "Just good enough" but was happily surprised with "way better than I expected" (coming from a user that has a 3080ti in my desktop).

thanks...i did all but the problem still there
no one can help me???

persay55 wrote:
thanks...i did all but the problem still there
no one can help me???

heeeeeeeeeeelp

Electronic_Arts
Level 7
I also have this problem. All fans stops spinning if laptop used from battery.

Electronic_Arts
Level 7
I get this laptop 2 weeks ago.
Operation system WIN 11
BIOS version 311
Armory create latesd version are installed - I tried reinstal but this does not gives any positive results.
FANS stops spinning when you use the laptop from battery in every modes (Windows, Silent, Performance)
If you use laptop from AC then maximum speed of FANS in TURBO mode is 3100rpm.

ASUS HELP, EVERYONE HAS THIS PROBLEM ONLY WE WRITE ABOUT HERE.

xeromist
Make sure to use the Armoury Crate Uninstall tool from the product support page. If the fans still do not work and you see that the machine is overheating, please return it to your retailer or setup an RMA with ASUS support.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Electronic_Arts
Level 7
I think this is a armory create problem because when I run to BIOS fans speed up to 5400rpm.

Titanium-Monkey
Level 7

SOLUTION:
The issue is that Processor performance boost mode is turned on in the Power options, but you most likely cannot see this by default so you need to turn it on using Reg Edit. Find: 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\be337238-0d82-4146-a960-4f3749d470c7
And set it from a 
1 to a 2.

TitaniumMonkey_0-1688926041037.png

Then go into Armoury Crate and Select one of the following presets:

TitaniumMonkey_1-1688926041097.png

And right click on the battery icon in your windows tray and go to Power Options and Change the Plan Settings. From here you can change this to Disabled in order to turn down the fan and temps for the CPU.

TitaniumMonkey_2-1688926041019.png

You will need to save apply the settings, close everything but Armoury crate, Select the next preset like Windows, Silent, Performance, and follow the same process.

I personally leave Turbo set to Efficient Aggressive At Guaranteed and then switch to that setting whenever gaming and use Performance for anything else with this setting set to Disabled.