cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF A15 2021 modern sleep mode HELP !

Younec
Level 7
Hi, is there any way to turn off modern sleep mode and go back to fully working S3 state ?, My new laptop is overcheating when it`s located in backpack. It`s not working properly
System says so S3 is not available on hardware ...

look at powercfg /a

The following sleep states are available on this system:
Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Disconnected
Hibernate
Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.
This standby state is disabled when S0 low power idle is supported.

Standby (S2)

Standby (S3)

Hybrid Sleep
Standby (S3) is not available.

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected
Connectivity in standby is not supported.
7 REPLIES 7

raju2529
Level 7
in your laptop, clearly states that S3 does not support system firmware.

either from processor or from Bios side no support.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

ok then simply , is anybody can tell how to sleep my compter ? and other hand how to wake up them fast ? Now this mode not workin properly. Notebook going to sleep over 30 seconds and wake up about 15 ! - is faster to turn off and on .. (and lose your work in open app)
It`s trash ... totaly !

Disable Hibernation through comamd prompt.
also adjust the power settings, never to sleep.
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

Sorry but I don`t nderstand.
I want to sleep my computer when I going from on location to another and wake up when it`s needed.
All noteboks owned by my can do that ! Even very old one !.
Now I have brand new notebook and this hardware won`t work as expected !
So in your opinion I should to hibernete instead of sleep? or meyby turn off every time when i do a break ?

Not acceptable !

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Younec,
Most of the functions are still working under sleep mode, so power will be consumed and heat will be generated.
Also, when the lid is closed, the heat radiation would decrease
You may consider to let you laptop to go to Hibernate mode after certain period of time to prevent overheat.
Thank you.

Microsoft forced OEMs to make S0ix sleep the crappy Modern Standby as the default and then eventually they coaxed OEMs into removing S3 sleep altogether. This is not acceptable as S3 is the only sleep state where the PC remains in sleep until we decided when we want to power it on. Need to make people aware that ASUS is forcing S0 and not implementing S3 sleep at all at the firmware/UEFI BIOS level. I will not be recommending ASUS to anyone until they acknowledge and address this critical power wasting problem.

Any change or solution since? I still sck|ng with the same problem in Dec. of 2023 with an expensive ANUS TUF A15, losing my unsaved work because this "technical miracle" can't wake up from sleeping state.

Before I found this post, I sent back my laptop twice to repair it. They replaced the motherboard, and reinstalled the OS. All change is since the "repair" the VGA shows up in the taskbar as removable device.