cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF 705DT Screen Artifacts/Flickering after repair

Rivereyes
Level 7
Hi all,

I just got a TUF 705DT gaming laptop. A while back I noticed that the screen was flickering continuously ( a subtle effect but all the colors were constantly fluctuating between warm and cold and it was getting progressively worse each day). I took it to service and they replaced the screen. The issue was resolved, but a new one came up.

The screen will randomly flash long rectangular artifacts (both horizontal and vertical). It does not happen in Safe Mode so I was led to believe that it was some kind of driver issue. I experimented with multiple different AMD Chipset drivers (through MyASUS) as well as AMD drivers through Adrenaline 2020. Nothing would resolve the issue. I turned SVM on and off through BIOS. Did not help.

Latest thing I did was use AMD Cleanup Utility to remove any traces of AMD's drivers and stayed with the MyASUS AMD chipset drivers. It's been stable for the past 20 minutes or so. I'm not optimistic though.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Is it possible that the new screen that service installed is still problematic?

Thank you all for taking the time to look into this.
2 REPLIES 2

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Riveryes,
How the screen now?
If the issue does not occur in Safe mode, it's very likely software or driver issue.
Have you consider to reset the whole OS?
Thank you.

Incredibly, it took another repair/screen replacement to resolve. Third time lucky, I guess 🙂