cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"AacAmbientLighting.exe" This error appears in the stability monitor every time the system starts.

Niks2340
Level 9

This appeared after the update "ASUS Windows Dynamic Lighting Plug-in 1.9.0.0". After reboot the error does not appear. Also, the "Default" window does not appear at startup. What is this and how to fix it? Laptop ASUS Tuf Gaming F15 RTX 3050 i5 11400H.Снимок экрана 2023-12-16 123622.png

176 REPLIES 176

MikasaAckerman
Level 7

My pc works for 30 minutes, throws up an error message for this. Then it gets incredibly slow and everything crashes. It slowly melts down until I restart it... Please fix this, you ******ed my PC.

titobf89
Level 7

I'm shocked with the magnitude of this issue. How a program can end up killing other programs and the operating system? I initially thought it was a virus. Shame on Asus Dev Team.

xikeeeeee
Level 7
I have a G513IM. I have a similar problem. After 15-30 minutes of the game, a black screen, a freeze and an error appear. I don't know what the matter is.

I understand that we have to wait for an update from the developers.

Try the workaround provided by @miifly for now, I did it and seems ok for the moment.
https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/tuf-asus-gaming-notebooks/quot-aacambientlighting-exe-quot-this-error-...

yes. my problem is solved too. 

insept
Level 7

I recently got this issue as well.
Tried the uninstall tool and installed it again.. still get the crash. I actually have to hard reboot (holding down the power button untill it shuts off) the laptop when it happens...

Application: AacAmbientLighting.exe
CoreCLR Version: 6.0.2523.51912
.NET Version: 6.0.25
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10048): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted.
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.UpdateStatusAfterSocketErrorAndThrowException(SocketError error, String callerName)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   at AacAmbientLighting.Program.Main()
Faulting application name: AacAmbientLighting.exe, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x64b073ea
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time stamp: 0x3091b6fb
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000006567c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x508C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA35DF6EEB0BB0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ASUS\AacAmbientHal\AacAmbientLighting.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 8f72cb56-2d69-4aa2-bb17-bc57a5976283
Faulting package full name: ASUSAmbientHAL64_1.0.0.2_neutral__gsg7p0crx7n6a
Faulting package-relative application ID: ASUSAmbientHAL64

inyauz
Level 7

Sure would like to see a fix for this come from Asus....

4ss4ss1n
Level 7

I have the same problem , i reinstalled Armoury Crate (without installing the Aura ) and and the problem seems to be fixed for now.

PS:(I didnt do the updates from the "Update center" in Armoury crate)

Laptop ASUS Tuf Gaming F15

i5 11400H , 32Go RAM , RTX 3050

Capture d’écran (83).png

ROGSTRIXG513QY
Level 8

from @miifly . To workaround temporarily, you can do this:

1. Goto the folder, usually "C:\Program Files\ASUS\AacAmbientHal";

2. Rename AacAmbientLighting.dll to AacAmbientLighting.dll.bak, and AacAmbientLighting.exe to AacAmbientLighting.exe.bak, the renaming will be fine even if the app is running, so no need to go to safe mode.

3. Restart your computer, this removes the culprit from the memory. It won't start again because its files are missing.

4. When you find an update in Armoury Crate for this component, just restore the two files to their original names, then click the update.

. My problem is solved. issue error: "AacAmbientLighting.exe" 

. I didn't reinstall Armory Crate, just do the steps I did above. fix AacAmbientLighting.exe.jpg

This SOLVED my AacAmbientLighting.exe Problem

@ROGSTRIXG513QY wrote:

from @miifly . To workaround temporarily, you can do this:

1. Goto the folder, usually "C:\Program Files\ASUS\AacAmbientHal";

2. Rename AacAmbientLighting.dll to AacAmbientLighting.dll.bak, and AacAmbientLighting.exe to AacAmbientLighting.exe.bak, the renaming will be fine even if the app is running, so no need to go to safe mode.

3. Restart your computer, this removes the culprit from the memory. It won't start again because its files are missing.

4. When you find an update in Armoury Crate for this component, just restore the two files to their original names, then click the update.

. My problem is solved. issue error: "AacAmbientLighting.exe" 

. I didn't reinstall Armory Crate, just do the steps I did above. fix AacAmbientLighting.exe.jpg

ROG STRIX G713QE