cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] Games don't detect Nvidia Geforce GT540m asus k53sv-xr1

tezlex
Level 7
Before I start this yes I've already went into the Nvidia control panel and selected it in 3d settings... surprise to me it didn't work. I've heard to disable the integrated (Intel(R) HD Graphics) I had to go into the bios and disable it. I went into the bios and had no clue what to do. I tried disabling it in the device manager as well but all I got was a black screeen I'd be very very grateful if someone would help. I forgot to add when I first opened the pc and started up games example, Fallout New Vegas the launcher detecte it. Once I updated the driver it disappeard and now no game detects it.
The computer is a ASUS K53SV-XR1 Laptop Computer.

Specs:

Intel Core i7-2630QM
6GB DDR3 RAM
640GB 5,400RPM Hard Drive
15.6" HD LED-backlit Display
SuperMulti DVDRW Drive
5-in-1 Media Card Reader
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540
10/100/1000 Network
802.11b/g/n Wireless
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
1 REPLY 1

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
tezlex wrote:
I forgot to add when I first opened the pc and started up games example, Fallout New Vegas the launcher detecte it. Once I updated the driver it disappeard and now no game detects it.

If everything was working with the earlier nVidia driver, can you reinstall the older driver (if the system keeps reinstalling the newer nVidia driver, you may need to uninstall it permanently), or what problems are you seeing with earlier drivers?

If everything works okay, it's safer to stick to the latest NVidia vga driver posted on the ASUS K53Sv download site and turn off any automatic updating of the vga driver, but sometimes people may need to try newer vga drivers for newer games.
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K53SV&p=3&s=295

Hope this helps or we can get more suggestions from others.