cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX505GE BIOS issue

nimbuus
Level 7
Dear RoG Community,

My issue is with a new Asus TUF Gaming FX505GE my sister bought for her son which I got the opportunity to setup after purchase. However, before starting the installation i have attempted to clear the admin BIOS password in BIOS set by his son by changing it to an empty field, and then rebooted the laptop to begin installing Windows.
After the reboot, the original password didn't work in any form and any guide i have yet found online didn't work (so instead of being cleared, the password simply changed) -
So far i have attempted:
-Tried the original password with different casing, "common sense" passwords, enter, space..
-Pressing ALT+R for BIOS pw recovery mode (nothing happens)
-Removing the main battery and CMOS battery and pressing power button for an extended period time to deplete the capacitors.

The local official Asus service in Hungary (FixDirect Kft.) said that this can only be repaired by replacing the entire motherboard, with which I respectfully have some doubts, and gave an offer that exceeds the original price of the whole notebook (which is outright infuriating).

Could you please provide information on how can the BIOS password be cleared as it have changed to something i can't type (like an empty string or special character or memory junk)? Or if it can be escalated towards Asus Global or something?

Thank you in advance!
0 REPLIES 0