cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing and bluescreens on my ASUS TUF Gaming A15 2020 FA506IV

TTTr96
Level 8

Hi guys!

I have an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 2020 with Ryzen 9 4900H, 2x8GB DDR4@3200MHz and RTX 2060 and I am having huge problems with it. It freezes randomly and crashes randomly. I think that it crashes/bluescreens when I am using Silent mode which I use while not playing any games or doing anything that requires a lot of power. I cannot find any sensible reason for those crashes and freezes. Some bluescreens did not even create any reports about what has happened. In performance mode laptop seems to work fine, but I don't need a loud laptop while scrolling through memes. Is this a common issue with this model? My unit is still under seller warranty, and I am literally thinking about requesting a warranty, but I would also like to get some more information about what could be causing those problems. Maybe it's just the software. Usually, I am using the laptop with external monitor via USB-C what means that dGPU is mostly active, but at some point it freezes and bluescreens, this happens even when I am using the laptop with just a charger and nothing else plugged in. It never happens when I play games in Performance or Turbo mode. I've reinstalled my Windows and installed all drivers from Asus support page. The only other driver is one for Nvidia GPU. But it still happens... To give some additional info, I am adding my minidumps from last 2 months. Maybe someone can tell something more about my problems and where to look for a solution. MEMTEST86 shows no errors and MyAsus says that everything is fine. There are no issues while benchmarking the laptop with OCCT, Cinebench R20/R23, Heaven Benchmark and Furmark. It's like issue happens mostly when laptop is pretty much idle or while watching some YouTube video.

Minidumps: Link deleted by me, cause I get cashback by store.

7 REPLIES 7

ysn_gndz
Level 8

I uninstalled Realtek Audio Console and fixed the problem.

ysn_gndz
Level 8

No, the problem is not resolved.

shreyash_69
Level 7

My Asus Tuf A15 2022 with Ryzen 7 6800h wqhd 165hz is facing the same problem.

TTTr96
Level 8

I sent my unit to warranty and right now I am waiting for information from shop what they will do with this. But really, after all that issues I would love to get my money back.

FiReDoG997
Level 7

My Asus TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV
AMD Ryzen 9 4900H with Radeon Graphics
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
is facing the same problem.

TTTr96
Level 8

In my case it ended up on returning my cash by seller. Issue was unrepairable by official service. So in my case I think that I had a lot of luck but I can only imagine how many other units after warranty have or will have the same issue. Right now I don't even know which laptop I should get for me cause market right now is totally broken.

ysn_gndz
Level 8

I think everything's good now! My computer hasn't reset in a while. I found a helpful tip on Reddit about turning off turbo boost and followed a YouTube video to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etEFLpg_WtM