cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you safely remove AC from an ROG laptop?

jassa
Level 7

I've got a Zephyrus G15 and I'm tired of AC as most people are, is it safe to uninstall from a laptop? I know my way around computers so I won't have any issues dealing with BIOS or anything, I just need to know if AC is really a backbone of their modern laptops or no? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

kikimahe
Level 10

Hi

I played with AC for a week or two. It was fun at first, but I quickly realized that we wouldn't be good friends. 🤔
(Multiple processes and services used, Bugs, dubious Updates which cause crashes, telemetry....)

You can of course uninstall AC WITHOUT ANY ISSUE  !

Use the ASUS uninstall tool to cleanly erase it.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/14Utilities/Armoury_Crate_Uninstall_Tool.zip?model=armoury%20c....

Instead, you can use the great software Ghelper.
1 single file to do what Armory Crate does, and more.... 😊

The idle temperature will be cooler and you will obtain the same performance (test with 3Dmark, Cinebench for example).

TUF GAMING F17 (2022) FX707ZM
I7 12700H / RTX 3060 / 32 Go

With the performance of the laptop with GHelper, you exaggerated it, because in my case the result in Cinebench R23 dropped by 4000 pts. GHelper lowers the power of the PL2 to 150 W, and this is not conducive to performance.

@Bogus5 

I wish to believe you.
But I regret that you say a lot of things without providing factual elements and proof.

Seerge (Ghelper) asked you to take a screenshot
- Ghelper Turbo Mode
- Cinebench R23 ou R24 benchmark
- HWinfo64 with Graphic

For the moment we are still waiting for your Screenshot for several days and you have left this subject unanswered.

If there are fixes to be made in Ghelper, I'm sure Seerge will do everything possible to do so. But right now you're not helping him understand ... 

TUF GAMING F17 (2022) FX707ZM
I7 12700H / RTX 3060 / 32 Go

A colleague of seerge should visit the TechPowerUp portal, especially the section dedicated to the "ThrotteStop" program, instead of just waiting for everything to come to him. I've given screenshots and I believe my role is over.