cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling out to other FX553VE buyers / owners

jpgangoso
Level 7
I recently bought my unit at one of the authorized sellers of Asus -- and I got an all-black unit. No red tooling / styling on the lid or interior. I asked the Megamall Concept Store (partnered with Complink, which is a different retailer from where I bought) and they said that they too have all-black units.

The model I specifically bought was the FX553VE-DM158T (i7 7700 HQ, 1050Ti, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD)

I wrote to the APAC service center, and they said the model details are right (based on the box it came in) but the model shouldn't look that way. ("design is different")

Did I get an incorrect product? I've seen pics and videos of the FX553 (the VD model) in youtube from around Asia - India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and even Australia, and they all look the same with the red styling. Why is the PH model different? :eek:
19 REPLIES 19

jpgangoso
Level 7
Hi there!

Recent buyer of the FX553VE-DM158T here in the Philippines -- the laptop is relatively new here in our market, and I am just wondering if the appearance of my product is consistent with others around the world. The specific model I own is the [i7 7700HQ, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 1050 Ti 4GB RAM] model. And it looks like this:

The appearance of the laptop is really far from the the galleries found on the ASUS website. While an all black unit is altogether low key and still great, I was actually expecting that it would have the red tooling / styling that the websites feature.

I have no comparison from other markets online, as the always feature the FX553VD Model (which as the 1050 Graphics) but in my experience the difference of internal components of the same model number doesn't different in appearance.

Did I get an incorrect product? :eek:

no you didn't get an incorrect product; check out this website 😮

https://www.notebook.de/asus-f-serie-fx553-g-4303?atyp=nb

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
no you didn't get an incorrect product; check out this website 😮

https://www.notebook.de/asus-f-serie-fx553-g-4303?atyp=nb

Thank you for the reply -- It's just strange that it differs from most of the products in APAC. :confused:

I'm no conspiracy theorist or anything but I saw this link about the GL553VE review. The review unit is quite familiar: http://www.ultrabookreview.com/14614-asus-rog-gl553-review/

And just to add, this is what the system info on my laptop reads...

Could it be that some pre-production products were passed off as a different model in our market and other markets as well? It does say that the FX553 line comes close to the design. Could it be that these all-black units are transition / in-the-middle by-products?

What did the box that it came in say?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
What did the box that it came in say?

It does say FX553VE-DM158T

And I've raised that with the APAC service center via email. Even the Service Center says its a different design and that I should contact the seller. To which the sales representative said it was the unit that was shipped to them.

But don't get me wrong, man. It is a nice thought that the FX series is closely built around the same architecture of the GL series, without the ROG Branding. The unit is still a looker but it just makes you wonder though. I understand your line of thinking about market sentiment here but I don't think a gamer from PH would be that much different from a gamer in another SEA country. The red finish gives it a more gamer feel without the obvious branding, so I would really expect it would be a preferred design.

I'm just getting it out of my head really. :rolleyes:

xeromist
It's possible that market research showed black units would sell better in PH. The same line gets slightly different versions in each region so it's not unusual. I haven't seen if other regions have different color schemes though.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
It's possible that market research showed black units would sell better in PH. The same line gets slightly different versions in each region so it's not unusual. I haven't seen if other regions have different color schemes though.

Thanks -- well I guess I got carried away with my expectations just a little bit. I've been seeing the unit with the red finish all over the place and thought it felt a bit inconsistent that the PH market wouldn't get it. Given that it's a laptop that is geared towards gaming, I would have expected that a majority of consumers would want to get another level of aesthetics -- something edgy but not altogether as hardcore as the ROG branding.

I'm no conspiracy theorist or anything but I saw this link about the GL553VE review. The review unit is quite familiar: http://www.ultrabookreview.com/14614-asus-rog-gl553-review/

And just to add, this is what the system info on my laptop reads...

Could it be that some pre-production products were passed off as a different model in our market and other markets as well? It does say that the FX553 line comes close to the design. Could it be that these all-black units are transition / in-the-middle by-products?