CPU: i7-11800h

Memory amount in GB: 64

GPU: nVidia RTX 3050

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: 1TB SSD

AC Adapter: original ASUS adapter

Operating system: Win11 64-bit

Original ASUS factory image or clean install? Original factory Win11

Microsoft Activated yes/no? YES

Drivers Installed (include version and especially any non-ASUS approved notebook drivers): Original ASUS drivers

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: No

System Overclocked (provide details)? No

Any hardware upgraded? No, all factory original hardware.

So i got a new asus tuf f15 2021 (FX566HC) anf memeory latency is double the memory latency of older model asus tuf f15 (FX566LI, 10870H). Screenshots attached

Passmark benchmark
Memory latency on older FX566LI = 26ns

Memory latency on newer FX566HC = 45ns

AIDA64 benchmark
Memory latency on older FX566LI = 55ns

Memory latency on newer FX566HC = 76ns
6 REPLIES 6

abactuon
Level 7
Different chips respond differently to combinations of RAM bandwidth and latency?

Memory read old (41904 Mb/s), new (48707 Mb/s). Is that better?

Try testing 'Intel® Memory Latency Checker v3.9a'

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/intelr-memory-latency-checker.html

abactuon wrote:
Different chips respond differently to combinations of RAM bandwidth and latency?

Memory read old (41904 Mb/s), new (48707 Mb/s). Is that better?

Try testing 'Intel® Memory Latency Checker v3.9a'

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/intelr-memory-latency-checker.html

Yes you're right except latency everything is better. but it kinda doesn't make sense for latency to be that low compared to previous model also provide the new chipset hm570 is upgrade over hm470.
i'll do the intel tests and update you.
thanks for help

The funny thing is
"Linus Tech investigation, show that single rank x16 RAM kits could reduce FPS counts by 25% in some games. Still, content creation performance will only take a 5-10% hit most of the time."

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Beware-of-the-single-rank-x16-RAM-kits-sneaked-in-some-laptop-models-T...

It seems to be less important for Intel processors than for AMD.

Conclusion: read the datasheet before buying.

abactuon wrote:
The funny thing is
"Linus Tech investigation, show that single rank x16 RAM kits could reduce FPS counts by 25% in some games. Still, content creation performance will only take a 5-10% hit most of the time."

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Beware-of-the-single-rank-x16-RAM-kits-sneaked-in-some-laptop-models-T...

It seems to be less important for Intel processors than for AMD.

Conclusion: read the datasheet before buying.

no mate you concluded wrong the exact same memory sticks give half latency on older models
ok i checked more benchmarks it's consistent
memory latency on older asus tuf f15 (i7-10870h with hm470 chipset) are half of the new asus tuf f15 (i7-11800h with hm570 chipset).
i believe issue is definetly with asus bios firmware as latency increased after upgrading to 309 version from 305.

have checked the same on another asus tuf f15 (11800h with hm570) and asus tuf f17 (11800h with hm570.

avisangray wrote:
no mate you concluded wrong the exact same memory sticks give half latency on older models
ok i checked more benchmarks it's consistent
memory latency on older asus tuf f15 (i7-10870h with hm470 chipset) are half of the new asus tuf f15 (i7-11800h with hm570 chipset).
i believe issue is definetly with asus bios firmware as latency increased after upgrading to 309 version from 305.

have checked the same on another asus tuf f15 (11800h with hm570) and asus tuf f17 (11800h with hm570.

I thought it was done before you came to the forum.
What was the question then? Bring back the old bios.

abactuon wrote:
I thought it was done before you came to the forum.
What was the question then? Bring back the old bios.

well issue is very like with bios firmware anyway to report it to asus in a way that they'll atleast look into it.
you see exact same memory sticks perform with half latency on older model asus tuf f15 than newer 2021 tuf f15 and f17. tested on three new 2021 models same results.
i really appreciate you taking time to reply to this issue