cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Tuff Dash F15 Lagging, and Freezing in Games

Thunder0995
Level 7

Hello!  No matter what game I play, from Squad to Lethal Company (which is not taxing at all), my games will freeze randomly through out the game every 10 or so minutes.  When I check task manager, Nothing is abnormally eating my ram, but something I do notice is that even though I have 16gb of ram, the games will only use about 7 or 6gb, and will reach 97% ram capacity, while the other 8gb seem untouched, and I do not think that other Windows processes are eating 8gb of ram.  Why does it seem like for games, it will only use 8gb of ram, while if I check in settings, and in the performance tab of task manager, there are 16gb?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

fran678
Level 12

you may have a malware infection.
In this case:
https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner

cora12
Level 7

If your Asus TUF Dash F15 is experiencing lagging and freezing issues in games, there are several potential reasons and solutions to consider. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you troubleshoot and improve the performance:

1. Check System Requirements: Ensure that your laptop meets or exceeds the system requirements of the games you are trying to play. Some lagging issues may arise if your hardware is not powerful enough to handle the game.

2. Update Graphics Drivers: Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Visit the official Asus website or the NVIDIA/AMD website to download and install ssstiktok the latest drivers for your GPU.

3. Power Settings: Adjust your laptop's power settings for better performance. Set it to "High Performance" mode to ensure maximum power is allocated to the CPU and GPU during gaming.

4. Cooling System: Overheating can lead to performance issues. Ensure that your laptop is adequately cooled. Clean the cooling vents and use a cooling pad if necessary. High temperatures can lead to thermal throttling, impacting gaming performance.

5. Background Processes: Close unnecessary background processes and applications before launching a game. Some applications may consume system resources, affecting gaming performance.

6. Storage Space: Ensure that you have enough free space on your storage drive (SSD or HDD) where the games are installed. Running out of storage space can impact performance.

7. Windows Updates: Make sure your operating system is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Updates often include performance improvements and bug fixes.

8. BIOS Update: Check if there are any BIOS updates available for your laptop on the Asus support website. BIOS updates can address hardware compatibility issues and improve overall system stability.

9. Adjust In-Game Settings: Lower the in-game graphics settings to reduce the load on your GPU. Experiment with different settings to find a balance between performance and visual quality.

10. Check for Malware: Perform a thorough antivirus scan to ensure that your system is free from malware or any other malicious software that could impact performance.

11. RAM Management: Ensure that you have sufficient RAM available. Close unnecessary applications to free up RAM for gaming.

12. Contact Asus Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it may be worth reaching out to Asus support for further assistance. There could be underlying hardware issues that require professional attention.

Bogus5
Level 12

What memory modules are you using?