cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Tuf Gaming A15 FA506IU Software/Driver issues

Armanis
Level 7
Hello,
I have been having problems with the system for the past few weeks and I have noted them in a reddit post and I would like to know if this is the case with the laptop being quite new or is there something else that is wrong?

CLICK THIS TO GO TO THE REDDIT POST

Thank you!
23 REPLIES 23

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
For A15 USB port issue, there will be a new BIOS releasing soon.
Please kindly downgrade to previous BIOS version before the new one release.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I will keep you updated.
Thank you.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Dear all,
For A15 USB port issue, there will be a new BIOS releasing soon.
Please kindly downgrade to previous BIOS version before the new one release.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I will keep you updated.
Thank you.

Can I stay on v311 and just wait for the new BIOS?
I can live with the USB problem in the short term.
I have been advised by a technician of an Asus repair center, to install v311 to see if it will fix my freezing issue.
I did so 2 days ago so it is too soon to see if the freezing is fixed.

There has been no more freezing since I flashed to BIOS v311, 19 days ago. Today, I flashed to v313. It has corrected the fault v311 had, in that my phone was not seen on the 2x USB 3.0 ports. With v313, my phone is seen on all USB ports.

I will post here if any freezing occurs.

An update:
It has been eleven weeks since I flashed to BIOS 311. I am currently on the latest BIOs, which is 314. I have had no freezing over those eleven weeks.
Everything works well now, even the touchpad has improved to be nearly perfect. It still loses its sensitivity at times but a press on the left key gets it going again. I can live with that. I will not post in this thread again unless the freezes return. So, it is farewell from New Zealand.