cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF F17 2021 - Display Issue

TangoX
Level 7
Hello guys,

I've recently got an ASUS TUF Gaming F17 Laptop (FX706HCB), i7-11800H, RTX 3050 and the 144Hz sRGB:62.5%, Adobe:47.34% display.

While it's an ok laptop and works fine on Windows 11, I have a major issue with the display quality. I mean it's not bad, it's just utterly trash and it looks like something from 2005 that got scaled to 1080p...

As you can see in the attached screenshots, you can notice the pixels and some sort of gridlines on the buttons on websites, and the colors have some kind of waves and don't blend (no, it's not the phone's camera, it just looks like that if you look closely).

Because I can't believe that a 2021, $1200 gaming laptop, would have such a bad display, I'm thinking this might be a software/driver issue (I'm using Nvidia's 496.49 driver).
What do you think?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

hyperwolf
Level 7
It's a clear case of RMA. Don't wait!

Ragnaraz690
Level 11
Sounds like they just gave it a lame screen. Unfortunately they have a habit of that. Tuf models get short changed to make the RoG stuff look shiny, problem is the price point isn't actually all that much cheaper to make it seem like a fair deal.