cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF Dash 2022 type-c HDMI

Markee
Level 7
Hello,

anyone could tell me if I connect a type-c to HDMI adapter which GPU will be active? The dedicated HDMI port uses only the geforce card. Type-c is only support one GPU too? Thank you!
14 REPLIES 14

I've bought a type-c to HDMI adapter, but unfornately integrated graphics doesn't work. I've tried it via TB and the other port too, but armory says GPU power saving does not support the coeection of an external display 😞

so after all... i did understud His quastion rught 😜
this what You want to do is not possible then as i wrote.
they 'did not thought' that You and me and anybody else may want use intell and external monitor for any reason 😕

want to be carbon-neutral but wont lef You disable geforce with external monitor
that GF use +-50% of laptop power when in idle/pass thrue mode and is not needed
and it generate heat for no reason when not gaming.

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Markee wrote:
I've bought a type-c to HDMI adapter, but unfornately integrated graphics doesn't work. I've tried it via TB and the other port too, but armory says GPU power saving does not support the coeection of an external display 😞

One of the USB type-C outputs which should be the one for the thunderbolt output should be connected to the cpu graphics and the other connected to the Nvidia graphics, so did you try both and how did you determine what they were connected to, or can you provide screenshots if not too much trouble?

Yes, the Armoury Crate GPU power saving settings are for the internal display only and don't affect the external monitors, but one of the USB type-C outputs should be connected to the cpu graphics although it's shared with the Nvidia graphics too which will be used automatically when needed from what I've heard.

lx_crisis
Level 7

I face the opposite problem, I have a tuf dash 15 '22, and the only one usb type c that works as display out (the upper one) it stucks with UHD graphics (see photos. Actually I can't find any way to activate the RTX to give output on type c port (I work with a usb type c to hdmi addapter.Screenshot 2023-03-24 011914.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 012049.png

...any idea?....and of cource any idea for why the second type c do not work at all as displsy port?.....I tried with any mode  and of course with ultimate but nothing. I tried to activate the rtx via the nvidia settings but all the thing stucks in those windows that the check boxes are grey and ancheckableScreenshot 2023-03-24 012234.pngScreenshot 2023-03-24 012312.png