cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus tuf a15 cpu problem

Kaloyan056
Level 7
Hello! I have the ASUS TUF A15 FA506IU laptop. The problem is that when my cpu goes on a higher clock (more than 2.2 ghz) it starts to crash in different ways, so I have to keep it locked at 1.39ghz. The CPU was supposed to be running 2.9 ghz base clock and 4.2 ghz boost clock. The crashes are: BSODS ( Like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA}, BlackScreens that the only way to fix them is a hard reset, and screen freezing. I also saw that whenever the crash happens the disk stops being used. I have done 3 clean windows install, from wich 2 of them were from an online windows ISO. Is there any was I can fix this or I'll have to keep it capped at 1.39ghz.

(BTW I didnt mean to put a smiley face as an emoji at the title)

Edit by cl-Albert 5/28/21: (removed the smiley face as an emoji in the title, so hope that's what you wanted)
3 REPLIES 3

raju2529
Level 7
I don't have your model laptop or motherboard. I suspected some DLL files and .exe files are trying to access within windows os, to get more ghz from processor, hence os gives this type of blue screen.
so download bluescreenvire software,.
boot windows OS into safemode and then run bluescreenview, to get real root cause of programs
Intel i5 7200U_ Nvidia 940MX _Windows_11_Enterprise_64bit_22H2_buildno_22621.754

I did that before and I almost every time got ntoskrnl.exe - even after clean installs

raju2529 wrote:

boot windows OS into safemode and then run bluescreenview, to get real root cause of programs

I have tried that before and it (almost) always says that ntoskrnl.exe caused the crash. I have noticed that if put cpu state to 99% it stays at 1.6 ghz, but when I put it on 100% it aggressively goes up to 3.7 to 4.2 ghz and then it usually crashes.In safe mode it stays at 2.9 ghz and there no problem.

P.S - sorry for the late response...