cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus TUF A15 2020 Wifi Card Replacement

kasamakasam321
Level 7
I have Asus TUF A15 2020. Specifically, I have FA566II-HN228T variant; which is Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX1650Ti, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 144Hz Screen.
I have been experiencing a lot of troubles with WiFi and Bluetooth. They suddenly stop working and restarting the laptop does not help. It has become worse over time and now it if even works, it hardly works for few minutes.

I even bought a WiFi & Bluetooth Dongle, but even that doesn't help much because it is very slow and sometimes it also experiences problems. My guess is that the two WiFi Adaptors clash.

So finally I have decided that I need to replace the WiFi Card urgently. Unfortunately I don't know much about WiFi cards.
My question is how to I decide which WiFi card is compatible with my laptop? Can someone recommend me some good tested one.

I found Intel AX200 WiFi card works well and is proven to work with this laptop but unfortunately it not not available anywhere. I need some other alternative. Please suggest something. Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3

Murph_9000
Level 14
kasamakasam321 wrote:
I found Intel AX200 WiFi card works well and is proven to work with this laptop but unfortunately it not not available anywhere. I need some other alternative. Please suggest something. Thank you!

It would probably help if you said which country you are in. A quick search for "Intel AX200 M.2 wifi" gets me a load of results in the UK, including from established online stores that I recognise and trust, so it looks like it's available here (although not sure if the cards I'm looking at are the best ones for the A15).

Murph_9000 wrote:
It would probably help if you said which country you are in.

I live in India. In Mumbai specifically

Murph_9000 wrote:
A quick search for "Intel AX200 M.2 wifi" gets me a load of results in the UK, including from established online stores that I recognise and trust, so it looks like it's available here (although not sure if the cards I'm looking at are the best ones for the A15).

What do you mean by 'best ones for A15'? Does AX200 comes in variants?

Thank you!

From the search results, it looks like there are at least 2 major variants of the M.2 AX200, a 2230 card and a 1216 card. There also appear to be "Intel Killer" series versions of them, which is a gaming optimised version. Then there's the AX201 series, which has a large number of variants according to the source code for the Linux driver. I think AX200/201 represents a fairly large family of devices; with some known as the Intel Killer 1650 series.