cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody Got The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime (TF201)?

PILGRIM
Level 11
I'm considering buying this tablet. But I'm still doing homework on it at the moment.
Does anyone have it yet? Please post your reviews, impressions, or commentaries
about it.. Thanks. 🙂
ASUS G74SX-3DE
6 REPLIES 6

PILGRIM
Level 11
(bump..) Well, I've had this tablet/notebook for 2 weeks now. And, wow, it's a little dynamo. 😄
One of the things I like about it is that it has some kind of a multi-tasking feature.

It has the Android Ice Cream OS but I'm planning to change it into Windows 8 when it's officially released.

+1 for ASUS.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

fuzon1337
Level 10
I don't have that Asus EEE Pad Transformer Prime but that was one of the tablets I was looking at when I decided to buy a tablet, but ended up with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (none 3G version) 🙂

I don't like the Apple crap, but that's me. 😛

It's good to see that you are satisfied with the product 😄
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

I do. It's a great tablet. However, I had to RMA it due to screen bleeding and poor wifi signal. Hoping it doesn't take too long to get back to me.

The dock is a must-have accessory.

p.s. I don't think you're going to be able to change it to Windows 8.

I have one and I'm loving it. Had to do a factory reset a couple of times due to an app starting the encryption process without my consent (apparently I'd interrupted it before it was complete) but other than that it's been excellent.

I've heard about the Wi-Fi issues that people have complained about but I haven't noticed any such issues. Rumour has it that ASUS is going to fix the GPS issues with a free GPS dongle so I'll be on the lookout for that.
Desktop:
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO (BIOS version 3402) | Core i5 2500K @ 4GHz | 4GB GSkill Ripjaws F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM (2x2GB) | Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2GB | ASUS Xonar D2X | WD 1TB HDD (WD1002FAEX) | LG CH10LS20 (Blu-ray/DVD-RW combo drive) | Corsair HX650 | Samsung 2333SW @ 1920x1080 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | Logitech G19 | Logitech G500

Laptop:
ASUS G73JH (Core i7 720QM, 8GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD5870, 2x500GB HDD, 17.3" @ 1920x1080)

I dont have the prime but I know once these devices are rooted they preform so much better.

I happen to have the acer iconia a500 not as fast as the prime due to the quad+1 but ices is a dream to use on it.

Pitcher1
Level 9
ASUS Epad have other model like TF300 serious, TF700 serious, also have Win 8 system for ASUS VivoTab RT serious and ASUS VivoTab now.